Author: BingSilk

A Chinese general said China prepares all eastern coast became nuke wasteland [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-12 09:37:37 |Display all floors

Reply #6 edisonone's post

What happens to General Zhu Chenghu?  Did he get the sack?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 10:22:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-9-12 09:37

No, he still attend the Shangri-la dialogue earlier this year in Singapore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 13:38:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-9-11 17:37

the last i read, he was transferred. his new post has never been revealed. but, if i were running beijing however, i'd reward him a new and more important post for a job well executed -- i'd put him in charge china's national intelligence...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 22:40:15 |Display all floors

China has no-first-use policy on nuclear weapons

China has no-first-use policy on nuclear weapons, and the policy has to appear credible.

Zhu Chenghu's remark is inappropriate for a high-level officer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 23:49:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
BilkSing's Golden Rule

Software==80%[all design & innovation]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-20 09:29:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by BingSilk at 2010-9-12 23:49
Its all good. got to do what's necessary against Evil.

Sorry, it's stupid.  That's why some were wondering if the good general has been side-lined to a do-nothing job.

Any military man with any education in modern warfare wou know that a nuclear attack scenerio is just a little different from when Japanese warships bombarded the Chinese coastline, during the 1800s to early 1900s.

An all-out nuclear strike will be ICBMs from all around the globe.  Not one place, in China, America, Europe, the Middle-East - anywhere - is safe.  So just why do you think moving manufacturing to Tibet will buy you more than 5 or 6 seconds until the warheads land?

Sorry Bing - this isn't the good old days when you can hide behind the Great Wall.   General Zhu Chenghu was thinking of a different century.  I hope he does well in his new job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-20 11:31:30 |Display all floors

Reply #13 aNonyMouse's post

That's why some were
wondering if the good general has been side-
-lined to a do-nothing job.

I tend to disagree with what you said.  You see, we Chinese are very very strange animals: We don't and we will never go about and tell our intended audience what we wanted to say because we see it as causing of a conflict of interest between the two parties if we say it directly at their faces. How we do it is that we use an intermediary and, this General Zhu is the very finest of example of what the best of intermediary is for this purpose purpose... He probably got promoted to a Party post instead of the position of General of the PLA for his contributions in passing on that awesome message to the Americans.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.