Author: polaris1120

Suspicious prostitutes' relatives receive letters from a police station [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-2-3 17:14:49 |Display all floors
In my opinion, girls should decide for themselves whether or not they would like to be doing this job. If the government forbids it, they will do it anway.
So why make them suffer? They're usually people who already suffered enough in their lives and don't need some government officials to make them suffer more.

Sending letters to the relatives is really terrible: many of these girls use their money to actually support their relatives to let them have a better life.

Stop looking down upon these girls. It's not their fault that they are poor. And it's their decision how they deal with it. I would never visit this kind of lady, but I certainly do honour their dedication to help their family even through sacrificing their bodies.

If the government wants to fight protsituiton, it should establish a proper social security net rather than just trying to punish people who want to help their ill and poor family members by any means.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-4 18:36:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by polaris1120 at 2010-9-8 13:42
A police station in Hangzhou sent letters to relatives of suspicious prostitues to advise them to persuade their daughters or close relatives not to work in the salons. Those girls whose relatives  ...

I believe their intentions  were good, but proper implemenation may be needed consideration.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-4 19:32:42 |Display all floors

Prostitution will not be stopped by government fiat

Who is still crazy enough to think that prostitution will be stopped through another government crack-down?  We are all tiring of government by slogans and campaigns.  What we need is for our government to accept that prostitution exists and create a framework for it to be legitimized.

Iebeast criticizes hair-dressing in Australia, but fails to also mention that prostitution is legal in most Australian states, and has been for more than 20 years.  Experience has shown that legalised brothels provide sex workers with safe alternative working conditions, away from drugs and street prostitution.

Rather than pretend prostitution can be eradicated, it would be far more responsible for our government to licence and regulate it (If only we could be confident that the police would respect such laws - but the fails of our police force can be the topic of another post).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-4 19:42:57 |Display all floors

Reply #10 thinksmart's post

Your brain must be full of STD viruses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-4 19:46:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-2-4 05:12 PM
Your brain must be full of STD viruses.

The member sounds more like our Tel. no.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-4 19:50:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2011-2-4 19:46

The member sounds more like our Tel. no.  

He is. Tel. No. aka thinksmart aka freedom4me.   

He is playing the trick as Rudi, pretending several members are voicing the same wicked slanders about China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-4 19:53:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-2-4 05:20 PM

He is. Tel. No. aka thinksmart aka freedom4me.   

He is playing the trick as Rudi, pretending several members are voicing the same wicked slanders about China.

No its not Rudi. Rudi's style would be totally different. We would have spotted Rudi instantly under a new username. Tel. no. seems to be an unique one.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.