Author: 408945969

do you feel free when you live in your relative home [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-5 21:16:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by stsuda at 2010-9-5 15:06
I just travelled to some place where my relatives live there, on this condition, I shared room with them.
Well, they are nice, but I still could not stay there as my own house, to some extent, yo ...

cannt agree any more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 21:20:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pasuisme at 2010-9-5 20:02

it's so clear  already..

thanks for understanding

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 21:23:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by smile_elle at 2010-9-5 19:35
east or west my home is the best

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 21:23:42 |Display all floors
my  home  is  best  it  can  not  be  taken  place

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 21:31:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Scattcat at 2010-9-5 21:23
my  home  is  best  it  can  not  be  taken  place

i think most of people do think so

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 21:54:21 |Display all floors
"do you feel free when you live in your relative's home?

is there anyone here living in your relative's home / with your relatives?

if you do live with your relatives, do u have some special reasons for living with them?

and how do u feel about living with them ?"

I live alone

I have stayed with my adult Brother and his wife and kids before, when visiting them

I felt a little strange, in America, peoples marriage and immediate family needs a special place that belongs to them, and whenever a relative is staying its always seen as somewhat a violation of that space, to some degree or another

when I was young I used to go stay with my 5 cousins for several days at a time

And i used to go to La Jolla California to work with my Auntie and Uncle and 2 cousins every summer, that was just like home

and when i was younger i used to stay with my grandparents on some farms in Oregon all summer, that was a lot of hard work

generally speaking, I think americans find it harder to live with their grandparents as young children, as opposed to in China where the kids often spend more time with their grandparents than their own parents

in China the children get married and their parents live with them. in America, that seems a strain on the family relationship and even a strain on the marriage

America has a very "cultureless" society, where everyone is lacking those fundamental ancestral aspects of daily life, and generally only think of themselves

I personally dont like that, I dont like the fact that Americans send their children out of the home when they are 18 to make a new life, but that stems from settling the Nation in the early days of large territory and land settlement

it was common in the old days of America, for a child to leave his or her parents and move to a new place in the country where land was more available, or where there was more undeveloped settlements

they would load up in covered wagons and horses, and head off sometimes thousands of miles from home, possibly returning to visit their parents once before they pass on, sometimes not seeing them again before their parents pass on

most older countries like Spain, and most of the rest of Europe and the World, people tend to live and take care of their parents, largely because there really isnt any new land to settle

i suppose in the early days of China and Europe, the people also left their parents to settle new untamed lands

in any place that the population is farmers and herders ...  hunters and gatherers usually travel with their entire families to new lands, but where farming and herding are the ways of life, the children often go off to find new lands to farm and raise livestock

families in well-settled areas in older countries in Europe and Asia tend to live in larger permanent estates with many generations under one roof, or on one estate

My family is American, but they also agree that the family should live together, and my parents are building a large estate home to house all aging generation in my family, including all grandparents, great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, and great great aunts and uncles, etc

the house will be all one level, with lifts for people in wheelchairs, all wheelchair accessible, have recreation rooms, and other things for all members of the family

i like that idea

and the estate will also be where I can care for my parents and elders

and I really believe thats the way it should be

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 22:02:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1337assassin at 2010-9-5 21:54
"do you feel free when you live in your relative's home?

is there anyone here living in your relative's home / with your relatives?

if you do live with your relatives, do u have some spe ...

thanks for your post
i know something about history

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.