Author: RedOrchid

Sigh, another race question.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-3 16:03:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-9-3 15:58
We had nigger brown shoe polish golliwogs on jam jars and a TV show called ' The Black and White Minstrels '

All proscribed now but much less serious things are also banned now.

well, nigger brown shoe polish is really too much and was right to be forbidden...
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-3 16:28:40 |Display all floors

Oh ........... !!

The N word again ...................  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 16:31:56 |Display all floors
Its filter time MODS please  ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 16:32:33 |Display all floors
One of my posts is in the filter too.....the N-word.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 16:39:48 |Display all floors
Believe it or not i dont have a racist bone in my body ive had Afro-Cariribean girlfriends but the loonies here are way OTT now with political correctness.

If the Tories can do us one favour its get these nobhead policy makers out of the Town Halls.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-4 03:16:46 |Display all floors
Assuming the OP is genuine, I'm sure the 'gentleman' you met is not representative of China in general. Just a damaged wierdo.

Having said that...this forum is probably the wrong place to come if you want to look for representatives of China who are less racist that the person you refer to!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-4 11:19:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by verdane at 2010-9-4 03:16
Assuming the OP is genuine, I'm sure the 'gentleman' you met is not representative of China in general. Just a damaged wierdo.

Having said that...this forum is probably the wrong place to come i ...

I think in a way it is somewhat representative of a mindset that is likely prevalent there. We get unfiltered truth on the internet. Who lies where there are no consequences for said actions or words?

If the truth is that, people are horrible human beings on the inside, then it is something we should come to terms with as a society.

People know that racism and racist language is hurtful and dehumanizing. Who wants to be thought of as ugly or inferior? However, people don't care, they feel empowered by their ability to inflict hurt upon another human being, and if they could inflict pain on physical level and get away with it, they probably would... in that, "tell me your dreams so I can destroy them" way.

Evilness is the one thing people of every race seem to have in common. I used to enjoy Asian entertainment, art, and culture, but knowing how so many of them feel about my own people I have no respect for the culture anymore. I will however, do as I always do, and take people on a case by case basis, but at the back of mind I will always wonder what truly lurks in that person's mind and heart.

[ Last edited by RedOrchid at 2010-9-4 11:21 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.