Views: 5272|Replies: 24

Sigh, another race question.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-3 09:56:30 |Display all floors
Hello,

I found this forum through google after a conversation with a British Chinese man who revealed to me his hatred of black people.  Some of the things he said were horrible, for example, he cannot take black professionals seriously, he finds black people horrible and unattractive, that they look like apes, have horrible slow-sounding voices, the list he gave was exhaustive. He admitted to having a problem with race. He says that "white people are the most beautiful people on the planet," especially white women whom he favors even above Asian women. I don't know if he is mentally disturbed or not. I just had to google this to find that it was true, and when I stumbled across this forum, I found several posts that seemed to reflect his point of view.

The funny part is that, I know so many Asian people in general and they are nothing short of kind, open-minded, human beings. I count quite a few as friends (only females though, I have no male Asian friends). I should point out that I am a black female.

I know people of all races harbor biases against people of other races. But is this thinking typical of China? I plan to travel someday, and would scratch this off of my list quickly. I would not want to visit a destination and find that I am met with racism or lack of kindness or respect, something I give so freely. What are your thoughts?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 14:08:04 |Display all floors
Racism exists everywhere, even in China despite what some might tell you. Yes, there are those here who hate/dislike black folks and there are those who hate/dislike white folks. This is very apparent within this forum, not just in the real world. Ignore them and be the best you can be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 14:29:25 |Display all floors
Sigh, another ghost.........

(yawn)

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-3 14:42:48 |Display all floors

Try Ghangzhou in China .....................

It is full of black people ......................

Oh and what sounds like: nigger nigger .........

Is actually: ne ge. ne ge ............

Which means: that one, that one and is commonly used ........................   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 14:49:29 |Display all floors
OOH saying the ' N ' word here would see you clapped in irons paraded through the streets.

And pelted with rotten fruit.

By the Muslims.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 15:50:33 |Display all floors
Political correctness killed my sweet childhood memories...when I was a child there was a sweet callled "Negerkuss"(negrokiss)...just because it was sweet milk cream with black chocolate arround......in the nineties they had to change that name(common for 90 years) into "Schokoladenkuss" (chocolatekiss).
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 15:58:16 |Display all floors
We had nigger brown shoe polish golliwogs on jam jars and a TV show called ' The Black and White Minstrels '

All proscribed now but much less serious things are also banned now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.