Author: antimatter

@@After looking at China's ugly old H-6 time to appreciate US's B-1 Bomber@@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-31 13:38:39 |Display all floors
beautiful!
b2.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-1 04:37:47 |Display all floors
Lada :)?

I will not argue with you if what we're talkin' 'bout is the series from the 60's and 70's...  But, there was a reason for us to rejected Russia's offer of the Tu-22 when they waved it in our face during the joint Sino-Rusky military exercise of a couple or so years back:  it was because feature for feature, the H-6 ["K" series] which wasn't declassified at the time meet or supersede Russia's Tu-22 and hence, reasonably speaking, also meet or superseded the B-1 Lancer because both the Tu-22 and the Lancer was of the exact same class. Yes, it may not have this threatening Darth Vader look to it, but, it's as deadly and as competitive in every aspect with the exception of a dash board in Chinese instead of in English ...

And yes, it's not what you think, it's not what I think, it's also not what Mr. Fumanchu think which makes it something to be respected...  It's what world recognized and respected personalities says which truly tells the story and these people are definitely worried if not panicky over the H-6K... :)

Flash: http://club.mil.news.sina.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=252388
Flash: http://www.top81.com.cn/2010/0829/16173.htm

China’s “New” Bomber

by Richard Fisher, Jr.
Published on February 7th, 2007

"H-6K"

Flash: http://www.strategycenter.net/research/pubID.146/pub_detail.asp

From the vague internet image that appeared during the first week of January, it appears that the "H-6K," as it is called, would constitute the most ambitious H-6 derivative to date. One Chinese source suggests this variant began development in 2000.[7] Its new larger engine intake would indicate the presence of a new and more powerful engine, the first such successful modification for the H-6 since the attempts of the 1970s. Some internet reports speculate that the new engine may be the 12,000kg (26,445lbs) thrust Aviadvigatel D-30KP turbofan[8], which also powers the Ilyushin Il-76 transport, compared to H-6’s the existing 9,500kg thrust Wopen WP-8 turbojet. If true, the higher thrust and fuel efficiency of this turbofan engine would enable both greater payload and greater range performance. The H-6 is now credited with a 1,800 to 2,200km combat radius. While the new engine remains as yet unknown, it is reasonable to speculate that D-30 class engines, aerodynamic refinements, plus added fuel in the weapons bay could easily extend the new H-6’s combat radius to 3,000km, or more.[9]

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-1 12:25:03 |Display all floors

Reply #8 antimatter's post

Can a pilot use all those dials, buttons, screens, levers........

How'd he remember all the functions in the jet?
Gosh!
You need to have a memory of a Chinese Language Student to use all those devices in the cockpit!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-1 14:15:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-8-31 20:25
Can a pilot use all those dials, buttons, screens, levers........

How'd he remember all the functions in the jet?
Gosh!
You need to have a memory of a Chinese Language Student to use all those ...

Christ!  My son in-law have a BM and think the world of it... but, every now and then, either the engine light, that tire pressure light, that gas door light comes on and headaches headaches man....  But, my Nissan 240Z runs like hell and it's runs just as fast as the BM and it runs trouble free and, while the BM's silly gauges in the dash have to be monitored constantly...  Jezz... What am I saying... the 240Z is a collector of mind... I drive a Toyota Sienna which still beat the craps out of the BM when on the finish line...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-2 12:10:03 |Display all floors

Reply #11 edisonone's post

There must be some valid reasons why they have all those dials, buttons, led screen in the cockpit!

But, it's probably redundant - only for the pilot to have quick reference, probably.
Most jets nowadays are unfly-able without computer help!
It seems strange that PILOT like to have all those old style dials in their cockpit - heck, even car owners loves to see plenty of dials, and icon lighted warnings!

BUT so many......
Any PILOTS in the BBS to help explain the uses of the numerous dials, screens, buttons, switches etc. on the B!?

hmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-4 08:22:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-9-1 20:10
There must be some valid reasons why they have all those dials, buttons, led screen in the cockpit!

But, it's probably redundant - only for the pilot to have quick reference, probably.
Most jet ...

While I will not support earlier Chinese aircrafts, i.e., Mig-15/J-6's, etc.,  as having a sophisticated cockpit, the cockpits of today's ultra-modern state of the arts Chinese aircrafts to included the H-6 K and M series are as advance or even more so than western standards...  

Even the boy's who flies these planes are top notch straight-A kids hand picked from the elites of china's universities... very very proud and patriotic bunch too mind you...  

Met a bunch of them while on visit to the Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum, Nanjing...  Intermingled with almost "interviewed" a group and was told that it's part of their education to learn the processes of Chinese politics (not Chinese history) dating back to revolutionary days...  They are required to visit the Mausoleum as part of their military curriculum...

This group are super computer savvy and likely instrumental in the developing of many China military techs...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 04:26:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-9-3 16:22

While I will not support earlier Chinese aircrafts, i.e., Mig-15/J-6's, etc.,  as having a sophisticated cockpit, the cockpits of today's ultra-modern state of the arts Chinese aircrafts to inc ...

Not your everyday H-6 -- Guaranteed!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.