Post time 2010-8-27 07:59:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-27 08:17:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-27 08:25:12 |Display all floors
Hello Chicky:

Good to hear from you and your interesting comments.  However, you are one of most people who misunderstood the real meaning of the issues I posted.

First, I am not talking about People in China and I am not complaining. I am merely trying to help future Chinese Tourists to have a good and fun trips, without foreign locals treating them like people from mars.  I am talking about Chinese Tourist Traveling to New York, London, Paris, Vancouver etc.   Locals in these cities are mostly white and Chinese too and some view this as anti-social behavior and inconsiderate and aggravating.  They form images that all Chinese are rude, which is not true, only very small percent of Chinese tourists aboard misbehaved and most did it unintentionally or they think it is ok and usually get away with it.

If we do not correct this bad images in foreigners’ mind, we all will be ill-treated, like the last to get your meals in a restaurant or giving you a nasty stare.  (maybe, maybe this is why Chinese tourists get low priority when taken hostage in a bus in the Philippine.) I have no proof, just guess.

Please don’t misunderstand me, anti-social behavior is in every race and city.  It is just that they see more Chinese Tourists more now than before and the behavior is alarming, giving a bad name for all Chinese.  Please see another post by someone from New York, voicing similar concern and the solution is from Canada_man. He said when in China, do as the Chinese, when in Vancouver do as the Canadian.   Please don’t take it personal

Yes, I have a brother and aunt in Beijing, and relatives in Guangzhou, friends in Dalian and been there often.

I think we have more than one thread on this issue, maybe the Webmaster can combine it as one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-27 09:46:45 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-27 10:38:08 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-27 10:47:10 |Display all floors
Just saw this post. Well done my friend, James.

We tried that. We also think we're trying to help our fellow Chinese in China to do well overseas. Then we all get thatnasty reply.

Lucky for me I'm not "gweilo". I'm Chinese. 100% Chinese from Malaysia. So what did they do? They attack my country. As if I'm bothered. I hate my country. Go ahead.

Chinese mind don't work like the rest of the world. When you talk to Chinese, make sure they get you that you're standing on their side. Otherwise, if they think you're NOT standing on their side, they will attack you and reject whatever that comes out your mouth and fingers (the typing).

I don't care. I want them to jump. That's what I'm gonna. But for you, James, if you don't wanna get upset by the replies, consider what I just said.

Taikor
Xinshan, Malaysia
Malaysian-born Chinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-27 10:54:01 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.