Author: jamestango

Chinese Tourists Oversea Misbehaved ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-26 16:58:03 |Display all floors
I am not a regular here at CD. But here is something for the conspiracy theorists to think about (even though they won't). If the CD mods are foreigners, why do they permit almost every thread to degenerate into "the foreigners are evil" hate-fests? This is a ship without a captain. CD has permitted the site to become overrun with extremist, xenophobic, racist hate-mongers, spreading virulent and abusive hatred at the non-Chinese world. As it stands it is almost impossible to write a considered post here without being attacked by these people. I don't care at a personal level, as I don't post here often, and I wouldn't take it any more personally than I would  a paranoid schizophrenic yelling at me. I simply don't respond, and I think that is how other foreigners should also deal with the problem (or better still, don't post here at all - this is not currently a forum where an intelligent discussion can develop, such is the problem). Hate begats hate, and some have fallen into the trap of engaging the insane, or even worse, hating back. And it is a form of insanity, in my opinion.

The most simple solution would simply be to modify software to remove all posts with insults swear words and their deliberate misspellings - e.g. fvck, phuck, fuk, fuc... etc. etc. (that alone would reduce these hate posts by 50%). Then any high-jacking of threads into racist attacks or personal sledging should result in immediate banning - regardless of the ethnicity of the poster. The CD forum, China, and the world would be all the better for it.

Just my two fen.

Q.

[ Last edited by questioner at 2010-8-26 05:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-26 17:02:15 |Display all floors
^^ How boring would THAT be ?

And what about a guy who legit lives in Phuket ?

If he wants to say Phuket let him be.

[ Last edited by St_George at 2010-8-26 05:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-26 17:03:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-26 16:45

But I have to take exception with your first post for two egregious errors:
- The topic was 'behaviour of Chinese travellers abroad' (actually I think they misbehave at home far worse!);
-

Nonsense,
if Chinese misbehave far worse at home, just why are YOU STILL IN CHINA ??
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-26 17:04:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-26 17:08:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-26 16:53

The representatives of every ethnic group you might be able to name could go public here with complaints of being racially foulmouthed by individual - mostly chinauvinistic - posters. You are a ...

Are you trying to deny all these racist attacks & discriminations
faced by the Chinese both in China & western countries long before the so-called isolation from the world?
What I mentioned are all well documented !!
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-26 17:11:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by AdmiralHe at 2010-8-26 16:46
Quote from the OP:

Chinese Tourists Oversea Misbehaved ?
Greetings, ni how, I am oversea Chinese from Guangzhou lived in Canada for over 40 years.  Now that Chinese are richer and travel overse ...

Regardless of the racism card, this is a problem which needs to be addressed. It mostly involves tour groups, rather than independent travelers, who tend to be much better mannered. The other issue is of people coming to China to tourist areas like the Expo. I was speaking to a Hong Kong woman in Hong Kong yesterday, and her mother is from Shanghai (living in HK for 20 years). The woman said that the behaviour she experienced at the expo was a nightmare, and that neither she nor her mother ever want to go back to Shanghai again (and her mother was born there and spent the first 40 years of her life there). Obviously the poor behaviour is damaging to the country's image, and to the tourist industry within China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-26 17:17:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.