Author: esoteriksky

The First annual English Editorial Competition [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-1 13:24:01 |Display all floors

Ummm, uhhh... have you suggested this idea.....

Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-8-24 17:43
Here is an idea for to revitalize the CD forum.
A National Editorial Competition.
it could be like the televised speech contest but for journalists. There would be some cash reward for the winne ...

...to the major Canadian newspapers to revitalize them? Of course you'd have to change the title to The First annual French Editorial Competition. It would be great to read what they think about the subjects you mentioned, to which I would add, What do you think of "bilingualism"? What do you think of multiculturialism? etc....

(Come to think of it the original title might serve just as well considering the state of the english language in your country....)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-1 17:45:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2010-9-1 13:24

...to the major Canadian newspapers to revitalize them? Of course you'd have to change the title to The First annual French Editorial Competition. It would be great to read what they think abou ...

my next step in this process was actually after the Chinese students had time to practice debate skills

(as debating is not a" normal skill" acquired in todays China.
Any video tape clip of the Taiwanese house of representatives debate "confirms this opinion")

was to suggest an international event including University students from around the world .

I know how popular the English speech events are to students in China ,   
and that I know that writing skills in English are not honed to the same degree as speaking skills in China.

The thing I think you do not recognize is the fact that me being a teacher for 4.5 years in China makes me more familiar with for instance the Chinese
educational system than the Canadian educational system.

Bringing up "hard issues for debate" is a very useful thing as many of the topics I try to discuss
are seldom touched upon in China
as discussing politics is not a popular topic in China
"especially discussion in a well rounded debate of all sides of an issue"

sorry if this statement offends you but I have found through my experience for it to be true.

Canadians are from young children immersed in debate from "free" Newspapers and media,

in schools Canadian children daily make friends with people of all ethnic back grounds and religions......

and though their are 55 ethnic varieties in China,

but because of the homogenized nature of Chinese society,
really Chinese students are not exposed to the same level of cultural diversity as western Children are.

[ Last edited by esoteriksky at 2010-9-1 05:49 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-1 17:51:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2010-9-1 13:24

...to the major Canadian newspapers to revitalize them? Of course you'd have to change the title to The First annual French Editorial Competition. It would be great to read what they think abou ...

as for your suggestion you are free to pursue it if you think it would be a useful and progressive experience,
useful to promote international harmony
(something that could use a boost)

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-8-10 05:13:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-8-31 08:01
you know I learned many polite manners when I am in China , like not to say what I think....

or God Bless You
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 07:48:07 |Display all floors
i want entranc competention

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-28 07:49:21 |Display all floors
i won big

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.