Author: BingSilk

what do you think of China Russia military alliance? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-17 00:59:21 |Display all floors

Vietnam has a dream

Vietnam dreams of tango-ing with the US.  Very alluring.
But just be careful.  After US finished up its dirty business with Vietnam, they will just go, leaving it behind to its own devices like a playboy leaving the woman he made pregnant.

US will leave Iraq soon, in a big big mess; then Afghanistan, another big big mess; then Vietnam, in a even bigger mess.

US really interested in helping Vietnam?  Dream on...!  

They are not even coming up with the money for the Lower Mekong projects!

Vietnam should count itself lucky if US does not try to do a colour revolution there!

"Free Vietnam!"  One day....the US guys will shout the slogan!

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-8-17 01:07 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-17 01:02:56 |Display all floors

China should simply buy Russia arms and technology

Whatever China lacks, buy...when you have the cash BUY....better than buying worthless US treasuries...

Weapons development using Chinese own designs and technology will take too much time....

Buy first, then develop your own...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-17 12:04:37 |Display all floors

Reply #74 matthew5_3's post

Vietnam should increase ties with USA, Europe, British club, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malayan Federation, Singapore to improve the lifes of it's people!

I think it should buy Taiwan made F-CK-1 jets for defense!
instead of spending billions on BIG POWER weapons that will only use Vietnam as a pawn!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-18 15:03:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-8-17 12:04
Vietnam should increase ties with USA, Europe, British club, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malayan Federation, Singapore to improve the lifes of it's people!

Yes,  actually another school of political analysts actually believe that Vietnam is doing just what you have suggested.  You could also include India and Russia obviously.

Rather than being a US pawn to contain China - thid is more an American dream than a Vietnam dream, according to them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 12:29:31 |Display all floors

Reply #77 matthew5_3's post

Is India made weapons really that "good"?
Doubt there is "high tech" semi conductor fabs in India to do all those amazing solid state electronics needed for the avionics of the jets.

rocket engines maybe, but the avionics, missiles, passive radars - are they available there?
Bet, Taiwan, ROC has "mastered" all those!
Notice Taiwan, ROC has since 1980's been copying, making "replica aerospace components"...

Better for Vietnam to buy Taiwan, ROC jets, and maybe French Avionics, Missiles!
I think Vietnam is in the market for 100 jets!

hmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-23 03:20:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-8-18 20:29
Is India made weapons really that "good"?
Doubt there is "high tech" semi conductor fabs in India to do all those amazing solid state electronics needed for the avionics of the ...

If I must compare the LCA to the F-CK-1, then I will have to give the LCA more credit because the LCA is not dependent purely upon engines from Pratt & Whitney and/or General Dynamic to power it as does the F-CK-1, at least not in the long term and future Indian plans, this much I will say about Taiwan's aero industry.

I mean like Japan's F-2 which is a c*al*s induced replication of the F-16,  hence a mediocre machine which needed upgrading to deal with even China's J-10   Flash: http://club.mil.news.sina.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=249569 ; Taiwan's F-CK-1 on the other hand is essentially no more but a cross between an F-5 Freedom fighter and a try at an F-18 Hornet because Taiwan's aero industry is confined by what the United States permits the Island design and develop while Indian sincerely trying to develop its own even thought she is encountering various technical problems.

The way I see it, though things look hunky dory on the surface with how the Americans view Taiwan, deep down however, the Americans are very very mistrusting of the Taiwanese because of Taiwan's Chinese roots and hence are not and will not transfer top notch technology to the Island as she doe to Japan or to South Korea. Therefore, Taiwan's aero industry will but be secondary compared to her other industries or...

No competition that is compared to Russia's Su-27/30 that the Vietnamese already sports...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-23 12:27:56 |Display all floors

Reply #79 edisonone's post

that's what i heard about the IDF jets!

Not the new batch of F-CK-1's
The Taiwanese are great in copying, improving equipment they gain access to!
As for China's J-10 (copy of European-British techies choice), FC-1 (copy of American F-16) and J-11 (copy of the Russian SU27/MIG30 jets - outlandish big crafts, probably due to poor solid state electronic capability!)

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.