Views: 4169|Replies: 3

Would you mind being a househusband? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-4 16:29:59 |Display all floors
In a traditional Chinese family, women are expected to do the housekeeping and leave the 'other business' to men. However, with more and more women walking into all fields of the society and showing their remarkable talent,  full-time "househusbands" have emerged and changed traditional family dynamics. Would you mind being a househusband for cooking delicious food and raising children?

[ Last edited by cindy1225 at 2010-8-4 04:32 PM ]
201083174633.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 17:49:02 |Display all floors
I WISH!  Keep the house clean, cook, spend time with my children?  Opposed to working in an office 8-12 hours straight?  Best job in the world, in my opinion.  

Lets face the reality, though.  Unless the wife is very very rich, both will still have to work.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 17:57:49 |Display all floors
Hehehe....ever heard what they say about Shanghai men?
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-13 21:52:35 |Display all floors

Quote me wrong if you disagree with my points of view

Merely lazy husbands will accept to be house-husbands hence the woman is capable to put down the money on the table for cooking also to buy other things and pay all the bills. Apart from that, some men will accept this because their wives job(s) pay more than their jobs, such as; the wife might be one of the director in a big company or banks while the husbands might be a taxi driver, or ing some peanuts at the little kiosk. So the husband(s) have to accept this option without much ado. For me, I will accept it with my whole heart and my wife will be the happiest woman on earth because I will serve her more than a queen of the universe.

In other words; it’s not good for a man or woman to carter for the family alone. It’s true that husbands are the head of every family; also women are submissive to their husbands. It’s only meant for a woman to leave her friends, brothers and sisters, relatives, parents to live with her husband… in his house and both have to start from there to develop their own family.

When a woman comes into a new home, she needed to take care of the house, even if she has a good job, she must ask for leave in order to deal with her circumstances, and along the line, she become pregnant and have baby, she needs to sit back at home to nurse the baby till the time she can leave the baby for hours without breast feeding him/her, then she has to leave the baby for someone before going to work again. If there’s no one available the husband has to sit back, because he does not have a good job.

There’s too much disadvantages if both husband and wife cannot work to support the family. It’s the obligation for both parties to put each other in a good position in order to support the family because If something terrible happen to the man or the woman, then if the woman or the man is not proficient to carry the family, then hardship has to be his/her best friend.

I can be a house-husband, and it’s not that I’m among the lazy men but it depends on agreement, my gloomy job, or I’m among those that ing peanuts at the little kiosk but God forbid.

Quote me wrong if you disagree with my points of view

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.