Author: cindy1225

Will you offer your seats in such circumstances? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-5 15:00:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-8-5 12:21

Absolutely!  On our city buses it is a requirement.  Signs are clearly marked that the front seats are reserved for the elderly and disabled.  You will have to move if you don't do it voluntari ...

I will never take the seats reserved for the elderly, physically impaired, pregnant women or people carrying babies. It is politeness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 15:01:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-8-5 14:48
The elderly here on a bus would be more likely to get beaten up if they complained. No respect anymore.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-8-5 15:13:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2010-8-5 15:00

I will never take the seats reserved for the elderly, physically impaired, pregnant women or people carrying babies. It is politeness.

Shi de

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 18:03:41 |Display all floors

too many fakers

I see it too many times where wannable old farts chase down a bus and when they get in they pretend they can not walk. I will rather give my seat to pretty girl than elderly because pretty girls wear high heels and very uncomfortable standing in the bus. But now a days what are the chances of pretty girl riding a bus.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 18:11:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinaimport at 2010-8-5 18:03
I see it too many times where wannable old farts chase down a bus and when they get in they pretend they can not walk. I will rather give my seat to pretty girl than elderly because pretty girls we ...

Right. I always offer seats to people who deserve them. On the other side in many cases I saw,especially older women, rushing into the sub/bus/... only to then say they are old,disabled etc to get a seat. Once I got really fed up(I was already standing and had no seat but the woman wanted the seat of a 30sth lady) and said:"You didn`t seem to have any problems when you rushed into the train, even pushed others away. And now you demand a seat because you are weak and elderly?Shameless"
I hate those people....always rushing into the subway first, not waiting until others got off first.Mostly older women.   Makes me angry.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 18:52:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-8-5 18:11

I hate those people....always rushing into the subway first, not waiting until others got off first.Mostly older women.   Makes me angry.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 19:02:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-8-5 18:11

Right. I always offer seats to people who deserve them. On the other side in many cases I saw,especially older women, rushing into the sub/bus/... only to then say they are old,disabled etc t ...

Wow -  I am feeling very old fashioned here.  It shouldn't even matter if the can 'rush to the bus' or not.  I guess I'm of the opinion that life is hard and there should be some perks at the end.  It something you deserve because you've endured it all for so long.  We have a saying 'age before beauty' - you let them get ahead of you and you let them have your seat.  It's just good manners.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.