Author: wetac0s

China should ban ads with Westerners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-5 23:47:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-8-5 14:44
Ban European style clothes in China. No more jeans, T-shirts etc.^^

What a bullsh1t thread.....somebody here has a huge inferiority complex.

I can understand the core issue of wetac0s' concern.

Many high-tech goods and famous brands come from Western countries. And especially brand good transfer a certain image or feeling through their advertisements. And the life style they represent is an Italian, French or whatever life style and image. This means, a European (or American, in case of American brands) environment is shown as desirable and as a role-model. This also applies to the people there. And I can understand that many Asians are not contented with this.

But I disagree with the reproach that Western companies intentionally want to transport a message of racial superiority. Companies want to , nothing else. It is sad that they often don't consider the effect of their advertisements. But a large-scale plan to "brainwash" Asians? No, certainly not....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-6 00:29:14 |Display all floors
Singapore Airlines is promoting their business with the famous "Singapore Girl" all over the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-6 00:34:07 |Display all floors
For a reason "Made in China" products are still associated with cheap plastic, easily spoiled, breakable, fake and what more.

Before all that image needs to be changed by producing high quality products combined with professional advertisement.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.