Author: esoteriksky

Do Miners in China need a union? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-3 18:15:13 |Display all floors
All China Federation of Trade Unions

free,

independent,

not a government body,

fights for the interest of the workers - even if it would mean fighting the government,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 18:15:47 |Display all floors

Lip service?

Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-8-3 17:49

It seems a lot of questionable things go on in China that are seldom  questioned or challenged by the general public,

mainly because generally when a Chinese complains about some official  ...

You have to be talking about anohter country, honestly. The cases are reported and the culprits sentenced and jailed.

Of course, it's not always sunny for everyone. I understand people like you would prefer a different China, so to speak, divided into bits, but sorry, that only can happen in your retorted minds!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 19:02:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-8-3 09:27
A state news agency says nine workers have been killed and seven others trapped in a central China coal mine.
The official Xinhua News Agency says a "gas outburst" occurred at 11:19 p.m. Monday at the Sanyuandong Coal Mine in Dengfeng, a city in Henan province.
Xinhua said Tuesday 127 miners were underground and 111 escaped unharmed.
China's mining industry is the world's deadliest with accidents killing more than 2,600 miners throughout the country last year.

to put these numbers in perspective Americans have lost 1,186 solders fighting in Afghanistan since 2001,
so last year China's mining industry has lost more than 2 times as many people as Americans have died in Afghanistan in nearly ten years at war

2,600 people in one year is a lot of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

time for action I would say.....
. ...

I have read that news last week and it was worldwide news

If there are Union, where they are? what measures they are taking?

Its big amount of dead people, its scary and worry

If they have Union, where they are ? any actions taken?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 20:53:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Desaview2 at 2010-8-3 18:12
news as entertainment like in Fox News.?..China is not ready......may never be ready.........not suitable, rejected.

You are right FOX NEWS is the national inquirer of network news.  

That is a weakness of freedom of speech is that people can say what ever they like even complete and utter gibberish,
this forum is a good example of this as well.

But still people can hear all sides of the story and really this educates the people to help decide what is right and what is wrong,
what is true and what is fabrication.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 21:00:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-8-3 18:15

You have to be talking about anohter country, honestly. The cases are reported and the culprits sentenced and jailed.

Of course, it's not always sunny for everyone. I understand people like yo ...

Like I said the media pays lip service to these problems.....I heard the government closed all the dangerous mines ,

but how could they because every week another mine disaster.......face it the government uses the media

to pacify the people and broadcast how great they are.....

but make no mistake, in terms of social progress and protection for the people of China the bottom line is the "status quo"

which means they haven't done a thing to help the miners from getting killed because -they make too much money out of the deal...

and there are too many people in China so life is cheap.............................the facts speak for themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 21:02:22 |Display all floors

union nuttin but collectin membership fee...

for the past 2 decades most unions are useless & has no power over anythin anymore...and still we have to pay our membership fee monthly or else we dont get no job  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 21:05:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-8-3 18:15

Of course, it's not always sunny for everyone. I understand people like yo ...

boy they must have got to you early,

the indisputable fact that over 2500 people have died this year in mines,
and you can bring yourself to say something is wrong.....
.this brainwash stuff really evokes "ultra nationalism" in citizens
and really clouds reality.

heil Wen Jiabao !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.