Author: mariame

Why doesn't China respect life? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-17 07:40:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-2 19:16
...While India has now overtaken China for the fatal traffic accident victims, China just a few years ago was the world's top killer with over 100'000 road kill casualties.  ...

That's true Sen, but when it comes to working environment and safety, India is far behind China.
There is a huge gap between indian and Chinese factories for exemple....  Most indian workers don't even use shoes, gloves...
China has improved a lot on this matter, except in the mining field.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-17 07:45:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2010-8-15 08:42

It is a condition we all acknolwedge about China and in China but it is also a situation we understand.

What is scary or outrageous is not the number of lives lost, but whether ...

You know, many Chinese around me say that losing a thousand of people is not that much for China.
They also rarely notice death tolls in mining accidents.
I still haven't find out if it's because they don't feel concern or if it is because they don't give high value to other people's life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-17 22:26:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-17 11:48
miners going on strike in the deep countryside of Shanxi or Henan ...

Most of the accidents occured in illegal mines and it's pretty clear that the miners would never get support of any kind if they were going on strike.
In this case, we cannot talk about improvement...
Still, most of the audits I've made in China have shown quite a good standard in term of security.... but I agree,  we are talking here about state owned suppliers.
netherless, huge improvements have been made in the Chinese industry regarding security.
Real problem comes from illegal activities were the greed is the moto of the business an where the authorities are the partners.  In these activities, price of life is very low...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-18 02:46:40 |Display all floors
english chat super group:46343144.welcome to join!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 04:19:50 |Display all floors
See the loving Westerners on page 2, my post #33.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.