Author: mariame

Why doesn't China respect life? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-4 16:23:36 |Display all floors
I actually see crucial advancements and a lot of political will to change this terrible situation in certain coal mines.

Chinese government for instance recently started to shut down small coal mines (as in these, most accidents happen) and issue stricter security guidlines which are reinforced harder. Perpetrators are also punished more consequently. Thus I don't think it's fair to say that China doesn't value life.

However, a lot of Chinese, especially poorer ones in urban areas, tend to show less empathy towards their environment and still, a lot of Chinese consider death penalty to be necessary to stop crimes. I guess this is due to the currently still rather low development level - when people get wealthier and better educated, they start to take more responsibility and demand higher social and moral standards -  a development which you could also see in Europe, Japan and America (around the year 1850, the social situation was similar in the west).

I'd therefore suggest to give it some time - Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 06:27:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drwatson at 2010-8-2 18:17

That's just a diamond.

You lot still want to shamelessly keep TBT, after it was colonized by your Emperor a few centuries back.

Die imperialist scum!

If you think TBT is an issue of human right, then politically you are a moron.

TBT is the water resource of China, if China let westen force or indian force enters that area, then the whole inland of China would be under direct military threat of west or India, China simply would lose her ability of defending herself.

Just like US couldnt allowa soviet missile base in Cuba.

That is why you west political assholes and media have been brainwashing idiots like you to believe something they want you to believe.

get it ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 08:20:59 |Display all floors

[ Last edited by ztoa789 at 2010-8-5 10:31 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 08:21:51 |Display all floors

[ Last edited by ztoa789 at 2010-8-5 10:31 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 09:22:44 |Display all floors
At ease ztoa789, insults get us no where.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 10:30:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mrkline at 2010-8-5 09:22
At ease ztoa789, insults get us no where.

My first post wouldnt show up, so I reposted to see what was going on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 10:48:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drwatson at 2010-8-2 18:17

That's just a diamond.

You lot still want to shamelessly keep TBT, after it was colonized by your Emperor a few centuries back.

Die imperialist scum!

and google "Whether they like it or not, China has been very good for TBT",  scum.

[ Last edited by ztoa789 at 2010-8-5 10:49 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.