Author: glopis

Are u agree or disagree with Sarah's Law? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-4 03:23:22 |Display all floors
I agree with it 100%.  In fact, they should have done it a long time ago.  Saying it shouldn't be done because someone might, rarely, be wrongly convicted is like saying people shouldn't go to prison (ever) simply because they might have been wrongly convicted.  The legal system is what it is and if someone is convicted of a sex crime, especially against minors, they are apt to lose rights (including those related to privacy), just like a felon loses the right to vote or own a firearm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 04:27:28 |Display all floors
I think opponents were more concerned about vigilantes attacking paedophiles but yes in principle i agree with Sarahs law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 10:31:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-8-4 04:27
I think opponents were more concerned about vigilantes attacking paedophiles but yes in principle i agree with Sarahs law.

Who cares?

Seriously, that hasn't been the case that I know of with Megan's Law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 10:44:14 |Display all floors

blah, blah

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 11:01:34 |Display all floors

JFenix

You may not care but governments have to uphold the rule of law.  Vigilantes are often just nasty, vindictive people looking for a target, this includes those only suspected of but NOT convicted of crimes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 11:12:47 |Display all floors

#1 Agree completely........

and I bet you that poters Petitioner, Esoteristky and others well known will NOT agree with it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-7 09:50:36 |Display all floors

Protected

Children need to be protected,   No matter if there are a  small percentage of error in the judicial system, we have the obligation to continue to protect they.
Gloria Maria
Gloria Maria A.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.