Author: freetofly

I am a Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-1 11:37:41 |Display all floors

I am chinese

Plastic surgery is used persistently in china to correct that mallady!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-1 11:38:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-8-1 11:17
I wonder how expensive public education is in China. In the US we have kindergarten and grades 1-12 which is all free. The public colleges and universities aren't free but are inexpensive for the l ...

Compulsory education is free which means you can get free education from primary school to junior high school (Grade1-9) in public schools.  
The public colleges and universities are relatively expensive nowadays. We teach Mandarin in all schools.... Hope it helps a little...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-1 12:24:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-1 13:14:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2010-7-31 21:24

Haha, I see you two trying a different tack here.

Could that be that you lost all credibility as extremist Arab posters

I don't know who freetofly is. Maybe she is a new poster or maybe she isn't; it doesn't matter to me. She said that she is a native Chinese and up to this point I have no reason to doubt that. And I think she is very nice to offer to answer questions about China. I'd rather have meaningful discussion about China than be distracted by people who aren't even interested in meaningful discussion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-1 13:26:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amylhz at 2010-7-31 20:38

Compulsory education is free which means you can get free education from primary school to junior high school (Grade1-9) in public schools.  
The public colleges and universities are relatively  ...

Thanks amylhz;

That pretty much answers by questions. Here in the US the compulsory requirements are a little different. They go by age. Depending on the state, the earliest school drop out age is anywhere from 16-18 years old.

Now when you say that all schools teach Mandarin does that mean that all the classes in all the schools are in Mandarin? Or do they teach mostly in the local dialect but have Mandarin classes for those areas that aren't Mandarin?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-1 13:28:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-8-1 01:00

Only freedom to insult

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-1 14:46:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-8-1 13:26

Thanks amylhz;

That pretty much answers by questions. Here in the US the compulsory requirements are a little different. They go by age. Depending on the state, the earliest school drop out ...

Here most students go to high schools or vocational schools after they finish their junior high schools. Some don't want to go to vocational schools if they
are not admitted to high schools. (They need to pass the city level exams.) Then they won't go to school anymore and they are about 15 years old. We don't
speak dialects in class or teach in dialects.Almost all the classes in all the schools are in Mandarin, of course except English/or other foreign language
classes.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.