Author: Expo9814

Taking pictures of foreigners at the expo [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-8-3 14:15:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-3 09:36


And how do YOU of all posters know who is a 'journalist' and who is not?

Many Chinese businesspeople have no manners and character; they just use people for their lucrative money-making pur ...

I am sorry that you must have a lot of unpleasant experience with some Chinese people. But I do want you to believe that not all Chinese people are like those you met. Maybe there is still much to do for us and we really should try to convince you by action.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-8-4 23:08:20 |Display all floors

Mr Seneca,

Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-4 13:14

And that's to be expected, ain't it? For this reason I think I have the right to say I don't want ALL Chinese people to snap pics of us without our permission.

The unpleasant among you need not ask. THey need not get a high or feel 'proud' for anything.


You jolly know well that you have NO RIGHT to ask anything.

The Chinese did perfectly nothing wrong with snapping pictures of foreigners in PUBLIC PLACES.  Shanghai Expo, though "not so public" in that sense, has not outlawed cameras and video-cams in its compound.  It also did not rule that all those who come to the Expo to take pictures must ask permission.

So, where did the Chinese people do wrong for taking pictures of whoever they fancy or find wierd that they want to remember as part of their Expo experience??

Strangely, I have seen many Westerners taking pictures and video-cam of the Chinese commuters in underground subways and metros in China.  Did they ever ask the Chinese for permission?  Answer: NO AND NEVER.

Btw, subways and metros are public places for commuting but NOT public places like the Shanghai Expo for entertainment and fun where cameras and video-cams are permitted.  Strictly speaking, anyone could be stopped or fined for taking pictures and videos in the subways.  I would say SHAME ON THOSE WESTERNERS FOR BEING RUDE AND BEHAVING LIKE MOUNTAIN TORTISES in China !!!  

Have to say the Westerners were lucky that they were not slapped with a fine or had to face jail term for taking pictures and videos of the Chinese commuters in subways in China.

永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-8-4 23:24:26 |Display all floors
As for the Chinese taking pictures of white men and women, to be specified, it is not about any inferior or superior complexes.

Really, if I were a Chinese who have not seen a white westerner, I would also like to take a picture with him or her.

Why??

Think of all the Barbie dolls, Rambo, Incredible Hulk, the Count Dracula, etc that the Westerners have so cleverly commercialised themselves.  Can you help others for feeling curious about you?

You make us pay copyrights and patents for all these imaginery characters you created.  Now, you complain about us taking your pictures !  

WHY don't you return all the copyrights and patent moneys that we have paid you or stop charging us ?  Can you and will you?

Who knows, I might want to take a picture with Mr Seneca as my imaginery Count Dracula (his characteristic blood-sucking) with my imaginery dagger stabbed in his back ....
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2010-8-4 23:27:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2010-8-4 23:24
As for the Chinese taking pictures of white men and women, to be specified, it is not about any inferior or superior complexes.

Really, if I were a Chinese who have not seen a white westerner, I would also like to take a picture with him or her.

Why??

Think of all the Barbie dolls, Rambo, Incredible Hulk, the Count Dracula, etc that the Westerners have so cleverly commercialised themselves.  Can you help others for feeling curious about you?

You make us pay copyrights and patents for all these imaginery characters you created.  Now, you complain about us taking your pictures !  

WHY don't you return all the copyrights and patent moneys that we have paid you or stop charging us ?  Can you and will you?

Who knows, I might want to take a picture with Mr Seneca as my imaginery Count Dracula (his characteristic blood-sucking) with my imaginery dagger stabbed in his back ....  



1. Hulk is green
2. Stabbing a vampire into his back won`t help you^^ And won't harm him anyway. Better watch your Dracula movies again^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-8-4 23:37:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-8-4 23:27



1. Hulk is green
2. Stabbing a vampire into his back won`t help you^^ And won't harm him anyway. Better watch your Dracula movies again^^


Well, that's all the more reason why the Chinese want to take pictures of white men and women.

It doesn't matter white or green to a Chinese.  You all look devilish just the same.


Harm him?  Sure, I wasn't thinking of that.  it is all in the name of fun.  But I like to have facts stated as they are.  Ever found me twist and turn or insult and then come with excuse that "English is not my mother-tongue"???  
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2010-8-4 23:46:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2010-8-4 23:37


Well, that's all the more reason why the Chinese want to take pictures of white men and women.

It doesn't matter white or green to a Chinese.  You all look devilish just the sa ...



No, you just insult.

By the way...ever heard of the "cage people" in Hongkong? I didn`t make that up. They live in cages...arround 2 squaremeter living space for arround 1500 HK Dollars rent. Arround 100000 people live like that in HK. Gosh.....I was insulting again,right?
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-8-5 00:02:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-8-4 23:46



No, you just insult.

By the way...ever heard of the "cage people" in Hongkong? I didn`t make that up. They live in cages...arround 2 squaremeter living space for arround 1500 HK  ...



Me, insult?  Of course, with people like you around, we too try to learn something (from you) ...

Here you go again.  You were clearly complaining about the Chinese people in China when you insulted with your "cage".  Now, you "change your stories" to the Hongkong poor.

How devilish of your kind both in looks and behaviour !!
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.