Author: Expo9814

Taking pictures of foreigners at the expo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-1 21:10:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-2 11:06:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-2 09:54
10: I guess you are not exactly an Adonis and don't get bothered by total strangers for pics. That is why you made that insensitive comment.
The reality of the situation totally eludes you and so ...

Maybe you are talking about being photoed by a journalist or  newspaper reporter. Actually, in this situation if you feel deeply offended, you can resort to legal help. If so far you haven't turned to legal help, it only means that you are not that deeply hurt by the photos, isn't it?
I think ordinary Chinese people just take photos for non-commercial purposes. If you are constantly asked to be in a photo, I think you are popular. Maybe it is because you look pretty or cool.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-2 13:46:22 |Display all floors
I hope I am making this clear. Chinese should go get photos however they want. The Western culture does not mind such peanuts. Chinese tend to focus on very tiny things. Beside, the Chinese need to learn foreign languages, in order to really understand the world.

I know Chinese living in New York who NEVER speak English or Spanish. Then never understand anything. Their concepts about Westerners are the same as when they were in China - very ignorant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-2 15:14:14 |Display all floors

that's true

Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-8-2 13:46

I know Chinese living in New York who NEVER speak English or Spanish. Then never understand anything. Their concepts about Westerners are the same as when they were in China - very ignorant. ...

well said timbatu
plus how ignorant they become if they come to this forum to read all those craps from petera, zglobal, chairman, timbatu and others

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-2 15:25:45 |Display all floors

No,you guys misunderstand it.

IMO,Chinese have strong feelings of inferiority,they are having this from the year 1840,you know,the greatest Qing Dynasty was bombed by westerns,they think the blue-eyed,blonde-haired people are stronger than themselves,before this,chinese thought they were the stronggest;

----its a long story.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-2 15:26:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by abcfarmer at 2010-8-2 15:25
IMO,Chinese have strong feelings of inferiority,they are having this from the year 1840,you know,the greatest Qing Dynasty was bombed by westerns,they think the blue-eyed,blonde-haired people are s ...

Now it makes chinese feel happy when taking pix with a foreigner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 11:04:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-8-3 09:41

Next you will get a bomb dropped over your busy fingers as they type Chinglish without putting spaces between commas and the next words.
Imagine all the photogenic blond-haired and blue-eyed w ...

lol, got it, should i ask you to recheck your own text?

Are we still sticking to the topic?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.