Author: FLOTELA

Hukou, good or bad [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-24 10:31:05 |Display all floors

manoj10 2010-7-21 20:29

Man,
Is it a joke or serious?
Have you been to any of the major cities in China? There may be a lot of tall buildings with spacious flats in every city in China but the slums are everywhere. The buildings may be shorter and not so obvious but they are crowded, dirty and infested with every undesirable creature you can imagine. It isn't uncommon to see raw sewage running down the streetin these areas.
I'm from Hong Kong and make regular trips to China. Shenzhen and most other big cities in China have several big slums. It is no different than any city in India except maybe a little less crowded, I've been to India and it is very crowded.
What do you call areas like 白石洲, 上梅林 or 下沙 in Shenzhen? And there are countless other areas like this there.
Aside from the landlords in these areas almost no one has a local Hukou and most are 外省人. Many have lived and worked in Shenzhen for years.
Don't credit the Hukou for preventing slums, they (slums) are everywhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-26 12:43:34 |Display all floors

Reply #22 jennytam's post

delete

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2010-7-27 11:39 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-27 15:54:43 |Display all floors
I think the goverment should help them development their economic,improve their life

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.