Author: FLOTELA

You are 6 times more likely to end up in prison in USA than CN [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-18 00:27:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shazzamm at 2010-7-17 07:47
Huh.  I've never been in jail, none of my friend have ever been in jail... in fact, I don't think I even KNOW anyone that has been arrested even overnight for being drunk or something...

You must not know very many people

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 00:34:46 |Display all floors
One of the things that people fear the most about going to prison is being a victim of forced sex with the other prisoners. I don't know about with women but I've heard that with men it happens a lot.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-7-17 01:46 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 04:40:09 |Display all floors
You must not know very many people

Just a few thousand.  You can continue to think that we are all criminals and murderers, and that we all live in fear every day of going to jail, if you want...

I heard one of the guys I went to high school with robbed a store and went to prison.  That's as close as it gets for me and I never really knew the guy.  People that rob and murder SHOULD go to prison.  

Also, yes, the numbers DO include those in private prisons AND those enemy combatants.  Before you use information, when you're not just making numbers up from nowhere, you should verify it yourself   You should also be thankful that we even publish such numbers instead of sweeping it under the rug like SOME OTHER countries

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 05:20:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shazzamm at 2010-7-17 13:40

Just a few thousand.  You can continue to think that we are all criminals and murderers, and that we all live in fear every day of going to jail, if you want...

I heard one of the guys I wen ...

If you know a few thousand people it's hard to believe that you don't know anyone who has ever been in jail. Have you considered the fact that most people if they spend time in jail aren't going to go out and brag about it?

Where did I say that you are all criminals and murderers? In fact, if you read what it says under my avatar you will see that I'm one of you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-19 00:58:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-7-18 05:20

If you know a few thousand people it's hard to believe that you don't know anyone who has ever been in jail. Have you considered the fact that most people if they spend time in jail aren't goin ...

Actually not hard to believe. Birds of a feather flock together. People in Jail generally know lots of other people who were in jail. People who have never been often don't know anyone who has.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-19 02:03:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by EthanYiSen at 2010-7-18 09:58

Actually not hard to believe. Birds of a feather flock together. People in Jail generally know lots of other people who were in jail. People who have never been often don't know anyone who has.

Well the fact is that Shazzamm probably doesn't know about everything that has ever happened to these few thousand people. If some of them had spend a few hours or overnight in jail on minor charges do you think he would know about it? Probably not. If you take a random sampling of 3000 people in the US it's highly unlikely that none of them have ever been in jail. I have to go now the wardens coming.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-19 03:14:36 |Display all floors
life in US prisons is better than life in Chinese coal mines.   haha.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.