Author: satsu_jin

Latest Economic Data H1 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-15 15:09:10 |Display all floors

Reply #21 satsu_jin's post

it's something that we should watch!
DEFUSING TROUBLE, i reckon!

HECK, Indians could be just the "medicine" for the post 2018 cheap labour shortage crisis!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 17:16:40 |Display all floors
I kinda don't believe the data given initally. The GDP growth is marvellous, yet it seems to be true. So does the industrial output.
But the CPI growth of only 2,6 percent? I witnessed diffrent things when I lived in China... food prices rose around 15 percent since I went there last time in 2009 and retail prices also added about 8 percent. Restaurant owners complained that their supply expenses rose around 20 percent and their profit margin was too thin now... However, these statistics only apply for Sichuan, so maybe the growth was much weaker in other regions?
Anyway, the possibility of prices gains is quite high, as credits grew by 50% of the country's GDP in 2009 - that money has to go somewhere, although the government is trying to curb speculations. And don't forget about the 5 trillion Yuan stimulus package (although a lot of that money went into a few pockets).

How do Chinese natives in other cities experience inflation? Are you also experiencing higher prices or do you even profit from lower ones? Did your salary grow as fast as the GDP recently?

Personally, I can even report a deflation for my own expenses in Europe, as I live near the German border and the Euro declined. So tomorrow, I'm going to buy goods at discount prices (for about 40 to 60 percent less than here) in Germany - thanks Greece!

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-15 18:46:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2010-7-15 18:16

1. Anyway, the possibility of prices gains is quite high, as credits grew by 50% of the country's GDP in 2009 - that money has to go somewhere, although the government is trying to curb speculations. And don't forget about the 5 trillion Yuan stimulus package (although a lot of that money went into a few pockets).
Copy code

The lion's share of the stimulus went into infrastructure.

About the money supply - here is a piece of news from today's CD:

The balance of broad money supply (M2), which covers cash in circulation and all deposits, was 67.4 trillion yuan ($9.95 trillion) at the end of June, up 18.5 percent year-on-year, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) announced Thursday.

The balance of narrow measure of money supply (M1), cash in circulation plus current corporate deposits, increased 24.6 percent year-on-year to 24.1 trillion yuan by the end of June, the NBS said.

The balance of cash in circulation (M0) was 3.9 trillion yuan, up by 15.7 percent, it said.

The amount of outstanding loans of all financial institutions totalled 44.6 trillion yuan, up 4.6 trillion yuan from the beginning of this year but down 2.7 trillion yuan compared with a year ago.

The balance of renminbi deposits was 67.4 trillion yuan, an increase of 7.6 trillion yuan from the beginning of the year, but 2.3 trillion yuan less than a year earlier.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 18:53:04 |Display all floors
GDP  growth  57 %  (shocking need new clothings)

CPI increase 0 % - phenomenal.

Industrial output  95 % running red hot

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-15 18:53:05 |Display all floors

Foreign Investment in China Rises to Highest Level in More Than Two Years

Here are some more data from today:

Foreign direct investment in China rose to the second-highest on record in June, indicating overseas investors’ confidence in the country’s long-term growth even as the global economic recovery shows signs of weakening.

Investment climbed 39.6 percent to $12.5 billion, the Ministry of Commerce said in Beijing today. That’s the most since December 2007 and the fastest pace of growth since December 2009, according to previously released data from the ministry. Estimates among four economists surveyed ranged from an increase of 7 percent to 27 percent.

Foreign investment in the first six months of the year rose 19.6 percent to $51.4 billion, after a 14.3 percent increase in the first five months, the ministry said.

“More than ever, the expanding Chinese market is attractive to companies around the world,” David Cohen, a Singapore-based economist at Action Economics, said before the data was released. “Even with increased wages and the appreciation of the Chinese currency, it’s still a competitive location for production and close to growing markets.”

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-15 18:54:43 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by faqfaq at 2010-7-15 19:53

It is, even without your comments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-16 11:13:27 |Display all floors

Reply #23 Everynowhere's post

That's mighty YELLOW of you!

At least you can comfirm what they say in the media!
Salary increases must come with "Productivity" increase, otherwise it only means "Inflation"! These will "impact" and "contain" prices of basic commodities! (eg. using CONTAINER LOAD shipping - reduce cost, using MATERIAL HANDLING - less human labour)
For "labour intensive" services, Business normally do "smoke screen", for example "improving presentation, nutrition quality of the meals" (as an example) in return for a large increase in prices!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.