Author: cestmoi

China's public debate on labour camps [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-15 00:47:12 |Display all floors

No to death penalty

Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-7-15 00:39
more appropriate way to punish murderers and corrupt officials,
let them pay what they did to society, rather than just giving an end.
wrongly convicted can not be brought back from death and com ...

I think the death penalty is barbaric and is not a deterrent at all.

Of course, Lucius Cornelius would not think twice, your ancient Roman namesake lined the road into Rome with the heads of his enemies on spears as a lesson to Italians seeking Roman citizenship. Lucius Cornelius was Marius' biggest mistake, with hindsight he shouldn't have taken him on as a protege.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2010-7-15 12:48 AM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 00:47:28 |Display all floors
how about giving some more options yourself?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 00:49:56 |Display all floors

Beijing wants either a yeah or a nay

Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-7-15 00:47
how about giving some more options yourself?

Let's just abolish all bloody labour camps and outsource penitentiaries to Arizona.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 01:00:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-7-15 00:47

I think the death penalty is barbaric and is not a deterrent at all.

Of course, Lucius Cornelius would not think twice, your ancient Roman namesake lined the road into Rome with the heads ...

Sadly, it takes much, such as an advancened and stable society, for a society to completely abondon the death penalty,
and let's face it, The US has not yet come so far, how should China yet be far enough to formally abondon it completely.
How long again didn't India sentence anyone to death, before the last attacks, wasn't that already de-facto abondoned death penalty?

Regarding my legacy, retroperspectively, it didn't save the republic either.
But keep in Mind, that the one who did end the republic was one of those spared by myself, in order to avoid excessive loss.
That could imply that I was rather TOO lenient.
Either way, it's not you, who has to live with that burden.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 01:04:49 |Display all floors

Reply #10 cestmoi's post

too export the bit that the convicts will do good in their life to the benefit of the US?
nar,

bringing up outsourcing, what about the problems of california to carry the burden of their punitive system.
how about china easing it to it's own benefit?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 03:56:58 |Display all floors

you work you get pay...

most penitentiaries in the US require the convicts to light work & produce (you will get very pay for what you do in there...how does it sound so far to you) somethin not just pumpin iron allday long & play handball.  in contrast to china, i would like to see the labor kamp up & runnin at full speed in order to prevent some scum of the earth, street crimes, etc  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 13:26:58 |Display all floors
Maybe these "camps" can be used to punish corrupt officialdom. That'd be a lesson they'd hardly forget.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.