Author: mariame

Should China relax one-child policy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-15 04:06:07 |Display all floors
But even the most innovative technology can't give you the feeling you have when you get up in the morning, open the curtain and look out to a vast landscape of green without seeing any house and only forrest while still being able to reach the next mall or railway station in a 7 minutes car drive and the next international airport within 20 minutes. That's what I miss most when I'm living in China on the 30th floor of a building and see a desert of grey buildings reaching out to the horizon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 11:18:34 |Display all floors
yes,that's a problom ,the gov will face,Maybe it's the time relaxing one-child policy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 11:50:41 |Display all floors
The goverment shoud relax one-child policy because the policy has so much negotive affects.The one  is it leads to  serious corruption and brings so     
much pain to peoples who lost their children unfortunately for the one-child policy forbids them to owe anothers.China is a exists in all walks of corruption especially in political.Relax the one-child policy can do a lot good to our country.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-15 12:03:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2010-7-15 05:06

1. But even the most innovative technology can't give you the feeling you have when you get up in the morning, open the curtain and look out to a vast landscape of green without seeing any house and only forrest
Copy code

I also like this when I'm on vacation or on one of my journeys but to be frank, I prefer to stay and live in a mega city. Nothing can beat this. Of course everybody has a different taste. :)

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-15 12:16:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mariame at 2010-7-14 16:03

I believe this question cannot simply be answered with a 'yes' or 'no'. There are many implications and factors which must be considered.

Poverty elimination, a working place for everybody, social justice, a flat or house for each family, education etc. etc. All this is harder to achieve if the population grows without 'control'. China's birth control system has perfectly worked for the country over the last three (plus) decades. With urbanisation increasing there is the tendency of a one or max. two child society, not much different from other, more advanced nations. I understand that pressure is rising to permit at least two kids but any such step to abandon or modify the law has to be taken with caution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 13:00:59 |Display all floors

Reply #6 youknowhat's post

You don't seem to be "paying attention" to the discussions!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 13:15:36 |Display all floors
I agree with you that many factors should be taken into consideration if China is to mull one-child policy change. But you know, Chinese rural residents are allowed to have one more child within a few years if their first child is a girl. But urban residents are not allowed even if they can provide a better education and background for their children.  Also, there is also rampant prejudice against baby girls in rural areas. Many rural residents give birth to 2 or 3 girls before they get a boy, sometimes at a high cost. I don't know whether they cannot afford such a big family. But they seem to think little.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.