Author: Make03

Faulty, Don't Buy iPhone4 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-15 09:25:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2010-7-15 03:37

Seems you're right about the technical features - but as it is for my gf, I'm certainly not going to jailbreak it. Personally, I don't like apple, but they do one thing pretty well: they make s ...

Yeah, that's understandable.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 14:37:20 |Display all floors
wow...that's it , i stil love the iphone series, wait for it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-16 11:31:08 |Display all floors

Apple to discuss iPhone4

Apple to discuss iPhone4

Al Jazeera
Apple Inc has said it will hold a press conference concerning the iPhone 4, which is facing criticism over reception problems.

An Apple spokesman declined to give further details, including whether Friday's conference will address the signal-strength problems that some people have reported having with the iPhone 4 when the device is held in a certain way.

Apple plans to hold the conference at its headquarters in Cupertino, California.

The popular smartphone, which was launched last month, has been plagued with user complaints about dropped calls when the phone is held in a way that covers part of the antenna. The antenna is designed as a steel band running along the outside of the device.

Design experts have criticised the phone design, saying it exposes the antenna to touch. While this problem can occur in all mobile phones, the design of the iPhone 4 makes it more susceptible than others.

Analysts say Apple has created a public-relations headache for itself by appearing to dismiss or ignore the problem, allowing a minor issue to be turned into headline news.

Recall unlikely

Although most analysts believe a recall of the device is unlikely, a growing chorus has urged Apple to resolve the matter, perhaps by offering free iPhone cases, which appear to solve the problem.

The iPhone 4 has been an unqualified hit with consumers, and sales have so far been unaffected by the controversy, analysts say. Apple sold 1.7 million units in its first three days to become the fastest ing device in the company's history.

But scattered reports cropped up early on from users who complained about decreased signal strength when they touched the antenna. The company has been sued by several consumers over the matter. Still, the problem does not appear to be widespread.

Earlier this month, Apple issued a statement, saying the problem was caused by a software glitch that overstates network signal strength. But some found that explanation wanting.

Many who follow the company believe the problem is with the hardware itself.

The influential publication Consumer Reports said on Monday it could not recommend the iPhone 4 to buyers because of problems with its signal-strength.

It has called on Apple to provide a free fix to iPhone 4 buyers. Shares of Apple closed up 0.4 per cent at $252.73 on Nasdaq on Wednesday.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 11:19:09 |Display all floors

Reply to #1, by Make03

Apple redesigned the iPhone for this release, putting the antenna on the outside in a metal band running around the frame. But the unusual design puts the antenna in closer contact with hands and fingers, which antenna experts said makes it susceptible to signal problems.

Sounds like a really bad idea to me. When person's hands come into contact with the antenna it will detune the antenna. No-wonder they are having problems with it. And they didn't spend enough time testing to ensure there wouldn't be problems like this. Apple really screwed up.

With the earlier Iphones the RF field is going through your body and there may be some risk of cancer in that but in this case people are coming in direct contact with the RF signal. If I had one of these I'd be afraid it's a greater cancer risk. I guess that's why they are giving away the cases. When using the cases I don't imagine people will be coming in direct contact with the antenna and it would solve these problems.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-7-17 09:35 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 12:28:54 |Display all floors

Reply to post #1, by Make03

Originally posted by Make03 at 2010-7-13 18:18
"Our findings call into question the recent claim by Apple that the iPhone 4's signal-strength issues were largely an optical illusion caused by faulty software," Consumer Reports wrote in a blog post.

What an insult to our intelligence. Of course, they can compensate for the antenna problem by increasing the power level with the software and that would prevent the phone from dropping out. But the problem isn't caused by the software, it's caused by the antenna design. Even if the problem was a software problem that wouldn't make it an "optical illusion". It's a real problem. So Apples statement is laughable. I think that Apples products should be boycotted just for treating it's customers like a bunch of idi ots.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-7-17 09:42 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-20 08:43:55 |Display all floors

IPAD

I wanna IPad erver , now I wanna  give up my mind

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2010-7-26 15:02:40 |Display all floors

I purchased 2 of them...gave them away to customers who admired them..

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.