Author: faqfaq

Torture or Fashion? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-14 00:44:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-7-14 00:42
Chinese stars don't?

in China too, to a certain extent.

I don't know if breast surgeries, but eyelid and nose are definitely common.

Whenever I open some of those Chinese newspapers/magazines like Shanghai Weekly etc. there are plenty of ads for beauty surgery...especially breasts.....
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 02:54:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-7-14 00:17
Western stars are keen to make an injection of toxic botox to remove their wrinkles.

I thought this thread was about torture & fashion?  I've actually been considering botox myself.
What's wrong with it?  It certainly doesn't give you the pain and suffering like high heels.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 11:51:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-7-14 02:54

I thought this thread was about torture & fashion?  I've actually been considering botox myself.
What's wrong with it?  It certainly doesn't give you the pain and suffering like high heels.

Think about what fashion is. And you can take a shot about "botox" which is labelled with "toxic". It cannot make your facial expression stiff.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 11:59:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-7-14 00:05

Monkey, you become a loser again.

you called him a loser?????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 12:01:32 |Display all floors
I do not understand the point in
a) wearing clothing that causes pain
b) undergoing surgical procedures for the purpose of vanity
c) stupid diets, health fads or botox

The changes wrought by fashion are a glamour through which people can easily see but which they choose not to. Ergo, a booming industry where the ridiculous and the unattainable is made popular.
Physical beauty is something that is unfortunately connected with the allure of youthful vigour. With age this beauty fades yet some cling desperately to it instead of realising that its passing does not mean the end of beauty but rather its evolution into something much more sustainable.
Inner beauty, an effect of understanding and compassion can only truely be achieved once reliance on that which we see has been released.

and Jfenix, by your photo you don't need botox.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 12:09:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-7-13 23:46

I refuse to wear them.  I don't care if I am just 5' tall.  Screw fashion - I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 12:14:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2010-7-14 00:23

Do you forget Indian women's nose piercing!
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.