Author: satsu_jin

China 1st offshore wind power project starts operation [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-28 14:30:04 |Display all floors
China intends to make solar power as cheap as electricity produced from coal in less than a decade as the country accelerates the development of cleaner energy to cut emissions.

The country’s solar-power tariffs may fall to between 0.6 yuan (9 cents) and 0.8 yuan a kilowatt-hour by 2020 as China expands its capacity to generate electricity from sunlight by about fourfold to 20 gigawatts from 2015 levels, the official Xinhua News Agency reported, citing Liu Qi, a deputy director at the National Energy Administration.

Solar projects in China are approaching “grid parity” where clean power costs are similar to those for fossil fuels.

Shandong province has set an electricity purchase price of 1.7 yuan a kilowatt-hour for photovoltaic power plants for 2010, according to a New Energy Finance report on July 5, citing the local government. Prices nationwide may average below 1 yuan by 2015, Xinhua said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 14:47:40 |Display all floors

Reply #36 satsu_jin's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:31:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-7-12 09:50
The Shanghai Municipal Government announced that China's first large-scaled offshore wind power project has started operation and supplies electricity as of tomorrow.

The first-phase project has ...

HOPE THOSE TURBINE AND ELECTRIC INVERTORS WOULD WORK WELL AFTER OPERATION AND WON'T BURN DOWN TO ASHES.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:43:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-28 19:50:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Desaview2 at 2010-7-28 15:47

1. a lot more need to happen in solar sector.............but wind sector is different....wind is already competitive in high wind areas.

2. from the investor point of view...................wind stocks are safer,

3. solar technology still has many things to do to happen, it is like buying internet stocks and their sector technology can change over night making existing plants obsolete.
Copy code

The problem is you cannot operate wind mills in many regions. In mountain valleys for instance wind power is useless while solar power can easily be applied. Then there are National park or protected areas where windmills will not be put in operation because they 'destroy' the uniqueness of the landscape. Such problems do not exist with solar energy. I believe it should be a good mix of all four alternative energies, i.e.  wind power, solar power, nuclear power and even hydro power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 21:15:04 |Display all floors

Reply #40 satsu_jin's post

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 23:10:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NEtigress at 2010-7-28 17:43

I hope you healthy and a long life, or you may burn down to ashes before those turbines.

WELL.do  I make YOU FEEL OFFENDED?

YOU ARE VERY CHINESE,I AM TALKING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF WIND TURBINE AS I HAD VERY bad experiences for that businesses in Canada,we bought 4 sets of wind turbine( no need to mention about the cost) last year and after operated it all burned down and my partner almost got burned and injured.the case is going through the law matters now.
but why you cursed my health...you are the typical Chinese with no reasons for anger.
do not need to curse me,I will lead a longer life than you do.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.