Author: Shazzamm

Shenzhen [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-13 03:17:05 |Display all floors

you havent told us a thing about yourself...

Originally posted by Shazzamm at 2010-7-9 18:46
I will hopefully be working in Shenzhen teaching math and physics; what can you tell me about the city?  The things I have read about it so far have not been good.  Too many pickpockets, con artist ...

just which laowai are you coz math & physic are tough subject in the west but in china you must be real good in order to be in those fields (but i'm here is not to doubt/discouragin you)...i have heard so many nasty stuffs about china 6 yrs ago from this forum but when i visited there just the opposite (my pockets still hold my loose change 'til today)...all you have to do is not too flashy in a strange place of town  

*just like my friends warnin me when i was in arkansas migrated to NYC...they just dont want to see me go (but not dead, OK)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 15:41:03 |Display all floors
Haha, I AM really good   Humble, too   I don't know what you mean by "which laowai are you", however.  Well, the things I have heard about Shenzhen were from online blogs, personal penpal stories, etc.  

I'm thinking I will have to use the teacher's long holidays to see China.  I've heard that Shenzhen can be a nice enough city but it's just like every other large city on the planet.  Big deal.  Shopping and amusement parks I can see anywhere in the world   Still, I'm very excited to get there.  I can't wait!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-7 15:51:37 |Display all floors
r u going to teach besides Tao Yuan Ju?

With my knowledge, that place is not bad and I even wanted to plan to rent an apartment there; however, it seems to a little expensive to me at that time. I used to go there for swimming; there is a park there and the environment is pretty impressive.

But there is only 1 big super market there and there're not so many goods things on the shelf; however, it will be totally enough for daily uses. The traffic there is also very convenient and there is direct bus to LuoHu the downtown thought it takes a long time on the ----ing bus...

anyway, the environment in Tao Yuan Ju is good ^_^

and never afraid of new stuffs.... that's what adventure is all about....
Bomb----er | ~Stenic Heman~
Email: stenique@vip.qq.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-8 05:53:21 |Display all floors
I was going to.  Unfortunately, the foreign affairs bureau in Shenzhen has become extremely strict in the past year or so.  The issue was that I don't graduate until August 17th which wouldn't allow enough time to process the foreign expert's certificate AND get my Z-visa before classes began.  To get around this, the school proposed that I get an official letter from my university stating my graduation date, etc.  I've heard that they would normally have been allowed in the past but the Shenzhen office wouldn't accept it in lieu of a degree   

It was such a GREAT job, too.  Now you make me sadder, since the area is good.  I had seen pictures of the apartment complex (Tao Yuan Ju), very pretty area.  Poor, unfortunate me

Therefore, I've found another job in Beihai (where I have friends)... teaching English.  At least it's a subject area where I'm also very proficient.  I've heard good things about Beihai although it seems to be one of those extremely small but surprisingly expensive towns.  Fastest growing city in the world, apparently...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-8 10:52:18 |Display all floors
I like SZ.

I have only been there for business trip for couple of times. Many green trees and the sky is blue, well, bluer than Shanghai.

No matter where you are going to, enjoy the "differences"....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-24 14:13:02 |Display all floors
I like shenzhen too.If you arrive there,you will find that how a beautiful city it is.I only go there one time,ha ha.Wish you have a good time there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-24 14:20:46 |Display all floors

Reply #11 Shazzamm's post

the silver beach in beihai is so beautiful...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.