Author: wetac0s

US Scientists propose anti-lesbian drug [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-10 16:30:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by verdane at 2010-7-10 16:21

Why what have gays and lesbians actually done to you?

Complete misunderstanding now !

I am hetero, but I have nothing against lesbians and gays, read my other comments.

Just making fun of those stubborn, intolerant, insecure machos.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-10 16:40:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-7-10 09:54
Truly out of a sick, twisted, sci-fi movie, US scientists have proposed giving pregnant women a form of estrogen(congenital adrenal hyperplasia ) so that their daughters don't become gay, tomboys, or have any "masculine" traits..

you prove it once again, yep, you are a retard

As good ol' Abe Lincoln said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

How prescient he was. How aptly the quote applies to you, Wetty.

Congenital adrenal hyperplasia is a heritable condition, and although uncommon, the flawed gene can be passed on to children.

Sometimes this means the child is born with ambiguous genitalia, or some subtle, but still abnormal changes, such as macroclitoris.

I think if you had genitalia which were not fully formed, one way or the other, you would be pretty upset. Your thinking would be, hey, this is genetic, and I don't want my children to have this problem if there is a treatment.

Let me say straight out that there are several issues all mashed up in this article.

1. Gender and gender identity
2. External appearance of genitalia
3. Sexual orientation (straight or gay)
4. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia

There is a clear conflation at work in this article.

We all have 46 chromosomes, 2 pairs of 22 autosomes and 2 sex chromosomes. A biologically male individual has XY and a biologically female person is XX.

CAH is inherited on an autosome - not a sex chromosome.

The sex hormones include androgens (which masculinise) and oestrogens (which feminise)

Dexamethasone is a potent steroid, used to suppress inflammation in some conditions, or as a supplement in adrenal insufficiency

The most common genetic problem in CAH is a malfunctioning gene for an enzyme in steroid synthesis, triggering the pituitary to secrete ACTH, a hormone which commands the adrenals to produce more steroid, leading to overgrowth of the adrenal glands and excessive production of other steroids, such as androgens.

Thus a female fetus with XX biology may be exposed in utero to excessive androgens by a hyperplastic adrenal gland, leading to abnormal genitalia, which may be partially male (big clit) or fully ambiguous (intersex).

Let's not confuse the issue of homosexuality and gender identity, which are related but distinct issues.

Furthermore, let's not confuse normal gonad development and CAH, with homosexuality.

As I understand it, the primary argument for giving dexamethasone is to provide steroid to the growing fetus to promote normal genital development.

So, a paediatric endocrinologist upset some fag with a philosophy degree. *YAWN*  
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-7-10 22:27:56 |Display all floors

No, no..............

Do not get rid of lesbians .............................

Nothing like a good sandwich now and then .................  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-10 22:41:05 |Display all floors
Sandwiches........two gurlz eating each other..............gotta go to bed now^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-7-10 23:06:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-10 22:41
Sandwiches........two gurlz eating each other..............gotta go to bed now^^

Well no ..................................   

A sandwich .................................

Two lesbians and .........................

A mature suitably hardened ................................

And beautifully proportioned Salami .................................  

Belonging to me  ................................  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-10 23:11:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-7-10 23:06

Well no ..................................   

A sandwich .................................

Two lesbians and .............. ...

Sure, but two ladies at once is just too distracting. If you like it...go for it. But two ladies making out is a nice view......#Roaar#

College......I loved it......sweet memories..........
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-10 23:14:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-10 23:11

Sure, but two ladies at once is just too distracting. If you like it...go for it. But two ladies making out is a nice view......#Roaar#

College......I loved it......sweet memories...... ...

.....................................................................................

I always found tennis boring ..................................

I prefer team sports  ...............................................  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.