Author: britteacher

I Don't Believe In God [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-11 19:49:48 |Display all floors

are you a great physicist...

Originally posted by keppler at 2010-7-11 03:39
God is exist, surely.
God create this vast universe..

eventhough i didnt do what i expected in my college phy251 but surely i kno a thing or two in this field of physic  (oh i totally 4got...you're mentionin god not physic)  

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-7-11 23:03:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by britteacher at 2010-7-9 13:03
When you start to study philosophy it soon becomes clear that we make so many assumptions just to live, just to hold opinions and have personalities. ALL these assumptions can be questioned. In the ...

We are the sum of .............................

Our beliefs and constructs ................................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 23:46:31 |Display all floors
Chinese generally  do not believe in God.

Most Chinese do not have religion but we believe in 'Tian' (Heaven). Heaven refers to nature (the sky or Mother Nature to some people).

We have great respect for nature. We try to live in accordance to the laws of nature. When nature change, we change accordingly to adapt to the change.

That is why we have the Book of Change (Yijing) to understand the laws and rules of nature and its changes.

Buddhism may be prevalent in China and the Chinese society throughout the world, but we still incorporates 'Tian' into the belief. We also have deities and immortals but 'Tian' is the highest level and most respected. Everywhere we go, there is the sky, Tian. Tian is everywhere.

Laozi do not know what it's name. He name it 'Dao'.

All Chinese phillosophies came from the Book of Change. All the past sages: Laozi, Kongzi (Confucius), Mozi, Sunzi...etc., are actually trying to explain the rules/laws/truths of nature as these things applies to human values. It even applies to medicines, strategies, moral conduct, business...etc. because there is truth in nature
Malaysian-born Chinese

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-7-12 00:08:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by taikor at 2010-7-11 23:46
Chinese generally  do not believe in God.

Most Chinese do not have religion but we believe in 'Tian' (Heaven). Heaven refers to nature (the sky or Mother Nature to some people).

We have great ...

That is cool and worthy .............................................

But why do you guys leave your rubbish everywhere so the parks look like sh1t until the cleaner has been ..............

I really like China, but you guys leave the place a mess .................................

And don't care about the next guy .........................

Why ..............................   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 01:10:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-7-11 03:45

Really? Why did HE make the black slaves of the white?

C'mon!  Be serious....

I mean it was all but a mistake. I mean we all make
mistakes don't we? And God of course is no exception to this
fact. If in doubt, simply take me as an examples ...

Hey! He tried didn't he?

From the New Scripture:

[Size=-10]When GOD was creating the world he made each person out of dough. First time he under cooked the bread and that is how we have white people. They are under-developed and not very smart. Next he accidently burnt the bread. We have black people.. They are very cocky, think they are the ----, and well burnt. The 3rd time he made it just right. That is how we have Asians. Yummy perfect.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-7-11 09:13 AM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 03:07:23 |Display all floors

Reply to post #1, by britteacher

To me, it's not a question of whether or not God exists but rather a question of who am I?

When you start to study philosophy it soon becomes clear that we make so many assumptions just to live, just to hold opinions and have personalities. ALL these assumptions can be questioned. In the end it appears that everything dissolves into subjectivity...

I agree and say that's a good thing. You are starting to see that many of the things that before you took as real are actually mental constructs.

This leaves us with two options

(1) To wallow in this lack of structure, lack of believe and lack of society even and follow the path of Nietzsche and Sartre (existentialist philosophers who in my opinion lived outside of normal society).

(2) Accept that death is a part of life and that its illogical to be afraid of something that happens when you don't exist.

I would broaden that second option to say that any kind of change in the phenomenal world is part of life. Of course, changes in the phenomenal world affects ones physical being because ones physical being is subject to cause and affect. But what happens when you realize that all your mental constructs are not real? Even your idea of your self can be a mental construct. When that happens, I think many of the fears drop away because they are based on the mental constructs which you now realize are not real.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-7-11 11:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 00:41:48 |Display all floors
(2) Accept that death is a part of life and that its illogical to be afraid of something that happens when you don't exist.

I'm curious britteacher, what did you mean by

"you don't exist"?

Do you believe that you don't exist?

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-7-14 04:07 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.