Author: greatwall_sg

Chinese are ugly everywhere [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-9 09:11:31 |Display all floors

Ummm, uhhhhh,,,,,

Originally posted by seneca at 2010-7-8 20:12
I have read a lot about Bo Yang and his seminal 'Ugly Chinaman' but I haven't had a chance at reading this work yet. And surely7 you need to read it from cover to cover before you can form an educa ...

"Much of what he said in the above excerpts does indeed flatter the West more than the West deserves credit, but we need to give Mr Bo credit for knowing both the West..."

In what way does he know the west when he flatters them more than they deserve......? Duhhhhh.....!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 12:33:51 |Display all floors

Xenophobic Chinese is a danger to China!

.........Bo Yang criticism of the Chinese is probably another set of "craziness".....

Asking Chinese to FEAR THE FOREIGNERS, fear changes that foreign ideas brings!
Exactly what Admiral Zheng He did, just BRAG ABOUT CHINA, didn't want to learn from the natives of states he visited!

Otherwise history of China would be much different!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 12:35:24 |Display all floors

BUT I BETTER read mr. bo yang dissertations before....

.....commenting further!
Here i go again, not even knowing what the guy said, or even read what greatwall.sg posted!

HA HA HA

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 18:12:49 |Display all floors
Thanks guys for your posts. If scenes of queue jumping, spitting, urinating in public as witnessed by some at the Shanghai Expo is bad, you guys should come and live in Singapore and witness the daily stress of being surrounded by obnoxius Chinese Singaporeans. If there's a scientific way to measure the degree of obnoxiousness, Chinese Singaporeans and Hong Kongers will come up tops on the global charts. Taiwan's Chinese together with Singaporean Indians next. Singaporean Malays are on a whole quite gracious. Thais are the nicest people on Earth. Malaysians Chinese are quite nice. If we were to separate further, middle-aged Chinese Singaporean/Hong Kongers men (male menopause?) are the worst. Since I'm middle-aged too I can probably understand why. They are so grumpy, irritable, pricky, proud, egoistic and rude. They think and behave as if they own the world. I used to say "thank you" and give tips (though not customary in Singapore) when I'm being served; but all I receive is a grumpy face. I would rather surround myself with mainland farmers than Singaporean Chinese. Singapore has first world hardware, second world wages and third world manners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 18:15:07 |Display all floors
Just 2 links of the many online articles/blogs, etc.. of the ugly Singaporeans

http://www.disgustingpeople.blogspot.com/

http://thestar.com.my/columnists ... ec=insightdownsouth

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 18:23:16 |Display all floors

ice cream sandwich is only a dollar, SGD

who can argue with that?
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 18:26:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2010-7-9 18:23
who can argue with that?

What has that got to do with the topic?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.