Views: 3615|Replies: 3

McDonald's food has been questioned again! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-6 11:25:52 |Display all floors
A CNN report said chicken McNuggets contain the chemical preservative TBHQ, or tertiary butylhydroquinone, a petroleum-based product used as a preservative for vegetable oils and animal fats. It's the same one used in Silly Putty, the report said.

McDonald's China acknowledged that the nuggets here contain the same chemicals, but denied it leads to any health problems. Chicken nuggets also contain dimethylpolysiloxane, "an anti-foaming agent" also found in Silly Putty.

"I am shocked to hear this report and it definitely aroused my concern," said Zhu Xiaojin, a resident in Lanzhou, Gansu Province.

The CNN report said McNuggets are made differently in the UK and the US. It said UK nuggets are not made with the chemical.

Several websites and TV stations reported on the CNN story Monday, prompting McDonald's China to release a statement.

It said the "quantities of these two chemicals abide by the existing regulation on the use of food additives and they pose no threat to health."

"We have a strict procedure overseeing the quality of food we offer, they are in line with government standard."

Food experts told CNN that TBHQ represents about 0.02 percent in the oil used to fry nuggets. A gram could lead to "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse."

However, McDonald's China did not say how the chicken nuggets are cooked in China, which according to the CNN report, is crucial in determining the nutrition value of the products.
images.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 23:22:28 |Display all floors
I'm a vegetarian.

McCruelty, I'm Hatin' It !
Malaysian-born Chinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 06:37:57 |Display all floors

McCrap

The global spread of McCrap is proof we have a world government.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-12 07:29:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2010-7-12 06:37
The global spread of McCrap is proof we have a world government.

My Piglets love em

Xie xie ni Peppa:)

Chao ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.