Author: wetac0s

Fighting Pedophilia in Asia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-9 03:37:45 |Display all floors

not much you can really do if you're poor...

the latest chapter was a famous russian maestro raped a teenage boy in bangkok  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 03:59:01 |Display all floors
What does poor have to do with it?  It's the country's laws that need to change.
Are you saying they don't have the money to try these offenders in court?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 04:18:23 |Display all floors

many obstacles indeed...

Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-7-8 11:59
What does poor have to do with it?  It's the country's laws that need to change.
Are you saying they don't have the money to try these offenders in court?

for those paedophiles usually we find em in poor nations more than any other places not 'cause the poor nations dont have any good judicial systems (actually much more severe than most developed countries)...poor is just so easy to lure just almost the same as human trafickin'  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 04:37:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-7-9 04:18

for those paedophiles usually we find em in poor nations more than any other places not 'cause the poor nations dont have any good judicial systems (actually much more severe than most develo ...

That's true.  Also, the anonymity and exoticism of it.  Many of these evil men have familites, wives, and children.  Some of them are powerful and respected in their communities.  If they rape some poor, unknown boy in Thailand, it doesn't matter because no one will find out and people in the west only care if it is a western child.

Let's compare the number of Asian men raping Western children to Western men raping asian children  - I bet the second number is higher.

[ Last edited by wetac0s at 2010-7-9 04:39 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 06:05:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-7-9 04:18

for those paedophiles usually we find em in poor nations more than any other places not 'cause the poor nations dont have any good judicial systems (actually much more severe than most develo ...

And they (police) are probably turning a blind eye because people are making money from it.  The police could be bribed to turn the other way.   What's the answer?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 08:19:35 |Display all floors
That's true.  Also, the anonymity and exoticism of it.  Many of these evil men have familites, wives, and children.  Some of them are powerful and respected in their communities.  If they rape some poor, unknown boy in Thailand, it doesn't matter because no one will find out and people in the west only care if it is a western child.

Let's compare the number of Asian men raping Western children to Western men raping asian children  - I bet the second number is higher.

[ Last edited by wetac0s at 2010-7-9 04:39 AM ]

Interesting point.

Of course another question is comparing the number of asian children being raped by asian men.

I imagine the number of asian men raping western children is quite low. The reason being that society protects these children, both legally and culturally. I do not hear many reports of western children being sold into brothels by their parents to pay of gambling debts to snake heads.

As I may have stated in the past the only way that this issue can be combatted is with a unified and total attack on the ideology and reasons for child prostitution. This is not going to be achieved if the problem is seen as only being perpetrated by a particular racial group,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 21:18:53 |Display all floors
It is not true that there is no child prostitution in Europe. Unfortunately, there is quite a lot. One sad "center" of child prostitution is in the Czech Republic, along the German border. You can imagine who is mainly going to such establishments...

It is also a nonsense to claim that the one or culture protects children less than the other. I maintain my claim that in both, Asian and Western culture, the integrity of a child has the same high value. Only some details of what this means in practice, might be different.
When in some countries, child prostitution is more frequent than in another, then this is no cultural issue; it comes from an imbalance of power and wealth, and from shere poverty on the victims' side.

From this point of view, wetac0s' statement "much more Western men are abusing Asian children than Asian men abusing Western children" is at least meaningless, if not racist agitation.
If child abuse occurs, is not an issue of race or culture, but only of economic conditions resp. misery. Bad men (and also women) can be found everywhere. The chance for committing such a terrible crime without fear of harsh punishment shows up when there is a huge gap in wealth, i.e. when the victims' country profits from the offenders' money in a way that its government doesn't dare to pursue the criminals, for the fear of economic disadvantages.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.