Author: antimatter

@@US show of force with heavy-hitters Ohio class subs in Pacific theater@@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-11 21:23:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by antimatter at 2010-7-10 21:30
^it's so wrong on so many levels.
PLAN only has 2 094 and not all its launcher are filled with nuke tipped missiles.
says who? says you and the dod or the oni, mr. antimatter? the dod didn't even know the existence of the 094/chinese asat/abm until beijing intentionally decided to declassify it to google earth and that implies that...

"the 16 tube, 096 (originally speculated to be the 094) is already out and running because, if chatters starts to surface in the www that they are now on the 097 & 098 (20 possibly 24 tube), then you can bet 096 is now a done deal and that one or two such boats are already up abd above."

and yes, chatters in the chinese nets differs from that of western speculations. while the west speculates that we only have 2 type 094, chinese chatters in the net suggests we in fact have a total of five such boats [094] and i'm willing to bet on chinese chatters over western progapanda because chinese chatters have always been on the forefront of knowledge into the chinese military scene and proven right everytime.

none of its cruise missils are nuke tipped.

Everybody have nuke tipped cruise missiles even if they say they don't. miniaturization is a many wonderous thing -- yes, even the chinese have mastered the art of miniaturization -- yes, they can get them small enough to fired from canon-like apparatuses, designed specifically for battle field operations...

you are basically equating  M ...

no, not equating. it's known as logical deductions. it's similar to how people would apply logic to the idea that Israel posses nukes but never denies or admits that it does.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 13:04:00 |Display all floors

Reply #24 antimatter's post

Now I understand why you guys worry about SSN's.

I couldn't get it, should it be SSBN you worry about!
SSN's only do shadow of aircraft carrier, other SSBN's - 18 Ohio Class SSBN's.

BUT SSN also can carry CRUISE MISSILES with nuclear 150kT nuclear warhead -weighing 500kgs!
Ah! If China builds 40 to 60 SSN's - it'll increase the potency of the PLAN!
Missiles are very expensive - US$10 mil a piece, so could cost US$20 billion to fit out Cruisers, SSBN, SSN.....
but no direct CONFRONTATION scenerio!

hmmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 13:16:04 |Display all floors

Reply #31 edisonone's post

so, figurehead count = approximately 1,000 to 2,000 nuke warheads!

China has 40 giga nuclear power plant capacity!
Enrichment facilities - how many times bigger than the Sichuan unit - could keep this warheads operational!

make sense!
I reckon, even fast bomber with "cruise missiles" underwing - could do the same too if there is mid air refueling!
China has 70 JH-7, and "cruise missiles" with 600 km range, and 150 H-6 with 6,000km range!
BUT it's slow.......can be spotted by satellites, taken out by aircraft carrier JETS before it reaches continental targets 10,000 km away!

hmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 08:18:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-7-12 13:16
so, figurehead count = approximately 1,000 to 2,000 nuke warheads!

China has 40 giga nuclear power plant capacity!
Enrichment facilities - how many times bigger than the Sichuan unit - could ke ...

Yep, damn right! Folks here forget that the US has another 20 "Harrier carriers" sitting around the planet (with more in reserve as well as s in reserve) on top of the active Ns and accompanying air wings of 90 or so aircraft,  which can intercept and down those ole PLA bombers, not to mention those based in CONUS which can extend patrol range well out with AIR refuelling. Nope, not so easy to hit the good ole US as they like to think, especially conventionally. They may say Osama did it, but now, such a venture would be nigh on impossible and in time of hightened threat, the vigilance level would be off the chart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-19 13:00:24 |Display all floors

Reply #39 exportedkiwi's post

I reckon peaceful "balance" is possible!

ha ha ha

Now, i read in "Wikipedia",. China is building Type 081, helicopter carriers, 3 units!
Probably 260 or 300 metre flat tops!
and expanding to 6 units, Type 071!

Now, waiting for the CRUISER, 10,000T ships that can "carry" a bigger array of weapons, countermeasures, with bigger range!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-23 12:43:45 |Display all floors

Reply #40 greendragon's post

These vessels will be counters to Japan and maybe SK  I think, not the US.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.