- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 25 Hour
- Reading permission
1. Dynamic: China is changing, it's changing so fast, people have to adapt, change, learn. this makes it one of the most exciting places for me to live in the world. |
2. Optimism: Ask any Chinese, tomorrow will be better than today. There is the firm determination that China is on the rise, that everything will improve and so should they.
3. Friendliness: I have had the chance to meet many, many interesting Chinese who had a positive attitude towards my country, my background, who wanted to exchange ideas and good times. From simple people on the street to University students who became my friends, I had overwhelmingly positive encounters.
4. Culture: From the bleak times of extreme communism China is slowly returning to its former self. Despite the current ultra-materialism there are a lot of people with values, culture, philosophy and they can rely on a long, rich history.
5. Food/Life: If you have a little money China can be a very enjoyable place to live, if you don't try to copy your Western lifestyle your money still goes very far. You can buy excellent street food for next to nothing, you can go to a local pub and enjoy a few beers, chat to people, enjoy yourself for little money and once you're tired of that retreat to a decent furnished appartment for a fair price. Life is not so bad at all. :)
I think these 5 points are combined why I like China. There are other things like pragmatism, a dislike of organised religion, the ease to make friends etc. which I also appreciate but there are in some way included in the 5 reasons above anyway.