Author: antimatter

@@According to US article, China has a Total of 240 warheads@@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-5 21:36:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shabeer2010 at 2010-7-5 21:15
God !

Sadeer, god does NOT exist. He is your childhood indoctrination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-5 23:11:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-7-5 05:13

I bet a nuclear war is your dream since childhood.

I wish you die soon in a war and go to live with your Santa called Jesus Christ or Ghod for ever.

he probably had already died once under the alias mr. interesting here... exactly same character...  almost identical twins... hadn't been seen for well over couple of three months and mr. antimatter starts firing away like a gatling gun @100 rounds per sec... like many cats in the internet, they all have nine lives and nine or more alias you know... he's one of the sino-defense folks. a chinese site packed with practically 99.9% none-pro-chinese members. i mean isn't it ironic? chinese site with 99.9% audience???
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-6 00:28:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 06:27:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 23:10:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by IchiNiSan at 2010-7-5 04:01
I have a hard time to understand why that journal (aka American imperialists) would want to downplay Chinese nuclear deterrence in such a way. Is it a way to influence the public to give her a feel ...

I'd say it's more about a mental state of being in other words, they have to make us sound/appear as harmless as possible otherwise lou dobb's, barbara starr, caferty, will raise their eye brows and noses at the government and demand why it is that those "communist chinese so loves to address us" (the term makes me laugh the daylights out of merself) as he will start raising hell on earth at us...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 09:29:59 |Display all floors

Reply #25 jordan_c_fan's post

They are quite enough if they're of sufficient megatonnage. Small yield warheads may not be enough for some military targets but are sufficient against civilian targets, while  warheads around 250Kt are enough to ensure destruction of any known target (except extremely hardened underground bunkers) when all effects are taken into consideration. You also have to remember some are groundbursts, ground penetrating for buried targets and some are airburst. There are different yields and detonation sequences for each according to target location and size as well as strategic priority. The delivery system has a lot to do with which sized/type warhead is utilised against any given target because of throw weight which is the size weapon the system can carry. Some delivery systems, particularly older ones, were designed to carry one, quite large yield weapon while more modern ones, like the DF41 etc are designed to carry MIRVs or MARVs with smaller yields but more weapons per system. China has enough warheads, I'd think, to ensure minimum credible nuclear deterrence while building and modernising her convention means of defence and deterrence.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2010-7-18 09:35 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-18 12:18:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-7-18 10:29
They are quite enough if they're of sufficient megatonnage. Small yield warheads may not be enough for some military targets but are sufficient against civilian targets, while  warheads around 250K ...

Good post Kiwi,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.