Author: zglobal

Dragon Verses Tiger [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-3 20:26:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2010-7-3 20:26

1. From common friends in the 50's to enemies in the '60's now we progress to a new era....
Copy code

A serious reply and my firm belief - both countries are condemned to work together if they seriously want to stay on top and I've no doubt that they will both come to the top positions. Who will be no.1. and who will be  no.2 is insignificant. They have to find common ground on subjects that deeply divide them, mainly the question of the "monk" and border issues. The first problem will sooner or later be solved biologically whereas the second one needs cool heads and from both sides an unconventional approach. Both countries need each other to solve mankinds most pressing problems. It's of no help to look for big brother as an assistant. Big brother is in deep sh1t and I don't see any improvement in the forseeable future. Once again, there is no alternative.

Just my two yen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-3 20:26:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-3 20:29:13 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-3 20:29:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2010-7-3 05:48 PM

What will the Indian government think if China begins to dominate crucial infrastructure?

I think India is slowly waking up to the infrastructure thing. But I don't think India's infrastructure are gonna be on par with China's as India system of governance is inefficient and there are thousands of problems.

What will the Indian people think of their own government if China is able to put there masters touch to infrastructure?

They already know that their government can deliver little

What will India think if Bangladesh has a closer friendship to China than India?

Bangladesh's relationship with China will not be at the cost of India. Bangladesh shares 95% of its land boundary with India and 5% with Burma with whom their relations aren't friendly. Bangladesh's recent prosperity is because of free trade with India. Bangladesh has no common borders with China. Naturally Bangladesh has to be friendly with India or else Bangladesh won't prosper.

India's relationship with Bangladesh is not at its worst. Generally it moves from an ally to friendly hostile state when Khaleda Jia is the PM and it moves from hostile state to ally when Shiekh hasina is the PM. Now the PM is Shiekh hasina. Now India and Bangladesh are having honeymoon days and the relations are at its best.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-3 20:37:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-3 20:45:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2010-7-3 21:29

First things first, It's important to build trust and I mean serious trust. This also includes to reprimand those elements that use the press and other media to spread misinformations about the other side. This alone needs enormous efforts and a clear will from both sides.  I know this is more difficult in a Parliamentarian democrazy but we both know that it's not impossible.

1. However, China will be dominant.
  2. They are streets ahead of India and India has no way to catch China.
Copy code

Dominance is not necessarily bad as long as a partner is trusted and considered a helping friend.

1. What is interesting is how China will impact on local relationships.
Copy code

Not quite clear to me. Local relationship with smaller neighbors or with each other?

1. China is almost like a colonial power using friendship and finance over a gunship.
Copy code

Well, CN has the financial means but don't forget most actions are made to secure an undisturbed flow of raw materials.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-3 20:46:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2010-7-3 06:07 PM

China will also I think encourage the Bangladesh - Burma relationship.

That is gonna be a hard thing. Myanmar's per cution of Ro hin ga community there who are related to Bengali's and the Burmese belonging to Buddhist sect and the Bangladeshi's the rival one. Their non solved sea dispute and counter claims. Its not impossible but its a hard thing to convince both of them.

How do you see the closeness between Bangladeshi and Indian people.
Is it friendly rivalry, contempt, mistrust etc.
How much room is there to pace a wedge in reality.

Bangladeshi' Bengali's and India's west Bengal natives are the same people. They have same culture, language, tradition. Bangladesh's history is strongly connected to India. Bangladesh's adapted national anthem was written by Indian poet Tagore. Bangladesh still feel grateful for liberating their land. Bangladesh India relations are always mixed they can swing towards both sides.

For a country like Bangladesh, starved of funds they are staring at China in amazement.
So stark is the Chinese progress that "what did India never help us", is one question they may have.

Development of Bangladesh is in the best interest of India. No matter where they receive money from that is none of our problems. We want their country of 170 million to be ridden of poverty and prosperity must prevail to the Bengali's there who are same like us.

India won't mind where Bangladesh receives money from as long as it receives them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.