Author: manoj10

Americans are still getting fatter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-1 03:45:26 |Display all floors
A better solution for boredom is just go on the CD forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 04:35:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-7-1 02:32

So how much obesity was displayed in 'medical terms' in the Gestapo camps.

To link obesity to the inmates in a Gestapo camp is like telling your neighbor one can find polar bears living in the heart of the Gobi desert. You know what your good neighbor would think of you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 05:03:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-7-1 03:15

The problem is he indulged himself after he returned. I think the problem might be lack of control or lack of will. And like expatter said, people often overeat for psychological reasons. I hav ...

True - I've always struggled with eating disorders...that is NOT eating.
Anyone will lose weight if they live at my house - there is never any food.
I always worry about my weight - I've been in the same size clothing since high school
For me - it's the types of food that will make me gain weight.  Fast food is a killer.
Seriously, I can eat a decent amount of food and not gain weight if I stay away from
fast food.  So I'm thinking if people are eating fast food 4-5 times a week - that has to
be a big factor in obesity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 06:34:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-7-1 01:33
I think that ignorance is part of the problem also. Weight control is very well understood and it has been understood for many years. The method is simple; to loose weight consume fewer calories th ...

Ignorance and Intelligence also have nothing to do with each other. Ignorance is not knowing, intelligence deals with your ability to learn.

As well it's not like people in the USA don't know eating McDonalds is bad. everyone here keeps pretending it's just a matter of eating healthier,

Healthy food is more expensive, more trouble and more time consuming. A lot of poor people don't have the time and money to do this.

Of course some of them are just lazy idiots...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 07:12:05 |Display all floors

Fat arses

There are a lot of factors involved.The root cause is of course the Anglo Zionist run World Government.These
ars*holes have invested heavily in the lucrative meat,sugar and dairy industries.We need these substances as
much as we need tobacco,asbestos or opium.Again,substances the banksters are still profiting from.The
Telescreens don't help and neither do automobiles.But the ruling elites need the Telsescreens to brainwash
the sheeple.And the automobiles to burn oil and make money for the oil barons and baronesses.With the
cursed profit driven phenomenon of gender role reversal,there is no one left to cook nutritious food for the
family if at all it (the family) exists.The problem is the Zionist foxes are in charge of guarding us sheeple.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 09:27:49 |Display all floors
If we look at what has been posted so far we can see several things.
1. Most of us realise there is a problem.
2. We agree that the kinds of food we eat are a problem
3. We agree that our lifestyle is a problem.

We have also had people say that will power comes into the equation, this is something I heartily agree with. I will not usually eat after 8pm, I do not snack most of the time either. It's simply a case of saying no.

Finally, as Petera pointed out the powers that be have traditionally invested heavily in industries that provide large returns on investments. Therefore, advertising is focused on making sure we consume these products.

When was the last time  you saw an add for lentil soup?

The foods that are advertised most are those that sit at the top of the food pyramid, fats, sugars, oils, meats.

Humans, while we are omnivorous simply do not need to eat meat 7 times a week, especially fried meats. The foods we should be eating such as cereal (not fruit loops) grains and vegetables are now restricted to being the garnishes on top of mountains of carbohydrates and proteins, this massive influx of material clogs our digestive systems making them less efficient.
Carbohydrates are processed first, but this means that the accompanying meat is left to literally rot in our bowels, producing gases and encouraging the growth of bacteria that are not all that good for us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 10:25:41 |Display all floors

Replay to #27, vorgal78's post

When was the last time  you saw an add for lentil soup?

The foods that are advertised most are those that sit at the top of the food pyramid, fats, sugars, oils, meats.

That's true. That's one reason why we don't let our daughter watch commercial TV with all those crappy commercials. We make some exceptions but she generally watches educational TV or DVDs.

And like you say, people are eating largely on the top of the food pyramid and it's better to eat more fruits and vegetables.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-6-30 09:30 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.