Author: mariame

Baidu to hire US engineers to work in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-1 03:06:41 |Display all floors
Google still has 30% of the Chinese market.  As China's regulations lax over time, it will increase.  This government regulation is the only thing keeping Baidu as popular as it is.  Google's services are superior in every way imaginable, even though Baidu has done all they can to copy them.  

Also, the "best of the best" do not go to job fairs.  Enjoy your third tier recruits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 14:55:06 |Display all floors
I think more relevant than absolute market share is the net worth of its users. I doubt anyone who's ever been abroad, got a good education, has an international outlook will use Baidu instead of Google. In that regard I don't think Google has to try to advertise its services or try too much to get a higher market share in China, it will happen inevitably over time unless a real competitor, International or Chinese, turns up. Currently Google is in a league of its own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 22:33:07 |Display all floors
i personally would have chosen indian engineers. anything except american

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.