Author: Elsa1985

India really developing more fast than china? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-4 22:28:01 |Display all floors
Regarding inovation

China is in a similar situation that Japan and Korea faced during their development cycle. Both South Korea and Japan were accused of being only able to produce copies and that they lacked inovation

Today Japan is a leader in inovation in Automobiles, and some electronics

South Korea produces inovative products in nearly any segment that they are in from appliances to phones, to TV's

China is not inovating right now, because they are building up their infrustucture first. What good is producing an inovative product if you cant produce it.

Once Chinese companies and technical development levels are at the same level as that of SK, Japan, Europe and the US then it will inovate. I expect that once it starts to do so, it will be very good at it. The Chinese have a history of producing inventive goods. The only issue would be if the government decides to hold the Chinese people back from doing so. Currently the Chinese government is strongly encouraging innovation rather then discouraging it

Overall the development of China is more balanced then that of India. It is building a strong foundation that is encouraging the bettering of all Chinese from poorly educated to the highly educated. India's economic development is rather top heavy, with only those with higher levels of education getting any benifit. Given the caste system in India, I doubt that will change much over the next 20 years

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 22:43:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-7-4 07:02 PM

India will fail devastatively in 10 to 20 years.

I might bet you. That's not gonna happen

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-5 04:48:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by felix292 at 2010-7-4 22:28
Regarding inovation

China is in a similar situation that Japan and Korea faced during their development cycle. Both South Korea and Japan were accused of being only able to produce copies and  ...

Ha..You missed the point. Both South Korea and Japan are democracies. People there are allowed to think in different ways, so they get different ideas, hence innovation and invention. It's not the case with China, where people are forced to think the same way. Hence no Invention.

Surely you are not comparing a democracy to autocracy. are you? India can develop like SK or japan, not China. Unless your government frees its people, I don't see that's happening.

No matter how much your government encourage people to innovate, it ain't gonna happen until they're free to think.

[ Last edited by eamanis at 2010-7-5 04:52 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-5 04:59:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-7-4 21:32

Whatever you want to believe is fine because I really do not care. India will fail devastatively in 10 to 20 years. The outlook of India is poorer than many war torn African nations.

I didn't know we have a prophet in this forum. Good on you mite. Keep dreaming.

It won't be India. It could be China. I'll explain why? Right now, Communist government is stable because there's plenty of development in china. Now, when the growth slows down, because of some decision by your government, people's dissent grows, people will ask questions. That leads to civil unrest. Fortunately for china,it didn't happen so far, it enjoyed high rates of growth for the past 3 decades. So no dissent. But, it won't be the norm for ever. Soon other countries will catch up and will become another source for cheap products. And China will need to innovate to stay competitive in global market. In 15 years from now, China could be in a big trouble. So, brace yourself.

[ Last edited by eamanis at 2010-7-5 05:42 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-5 05:17:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by felix292 at 2010-7-4 22:28
Overall the development of China is more balanced then that of India. It is building a strong foundation that is encouraging the bettering of all Chinese from poorly educated to the highly educated. India's economic development is rather top heavy, with only those with higher levels of education getting any benifit. Given the caste system in India, I doubt that will change much over the next 20 years

Oh.. You cannot be serious. Who told you that China is more stable than India. People use Gini index to measure the inequality in distribution of wealth. Gini index for india is 36.8 where as it is 47.0 for china. Lower the number less it is in inequality.

India is developing because of its private sector which leads more stable and overall development of the country in the long run. While the china is developing with their state owned bodies heavily orchestrating the growth.

Private sector growth leads to competition. Hence innovative and cheap products. Even, USA, Japan, SK, UK and every other developed country followed private sector model. They're all successful countries, all democracies.

In the history of civilization, no autocratic country became highly developed. I truly wish china could be the first.

PS: I don't think India's caste system will last for another 10 years. I know this because India is very young country and generations change quickly in India. In my grandfather's time, they couldn't even think of intercaste marriages, my father's time things changed there were intercaste marriages. In my time, I don't even care. Any residue left in my generation, will be wiped out in the next generation. I am 27 by the way.

People seems to think caste is impediment to India's development. Don't get me wrong,it is an impediment as it divides people. But outsiders, read too much into it and attributes too much to it and overhype it.

[ Last edited by eamanis at 2010-7-5 05:28 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-5 13:18:55 |Display all floors

Reply #40 eamanis's post

I seriously doubt India can use EXPORT DRIVEN GROWTH what with it's comparative advantage picture versus the Indochina-Archipelago group of nations!

At the moment, it's still at 140 giga electric capacity, running trade defisit that averages US$60 billion to US$120 billion a year. This year the inflation level in India is expected to be above 13%! The interest rate for Rupee is 8 - 9%!

It's a very discouraging picture!

Green DRagon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2010-7-5 01:48 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-5 13:23:38 |Display all floors

China is practically exporting 30% of it's electricity production!

Can India compete with that?

That's why the American Regime "introduce back office", "software development biz" to India.
But it's price for that is INDIA'S to drag China into a Arms Race!
It's pretty difficult to develop a "credible economic programme"!!!!

Green DRagon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2010-7-5 01:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.