Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 17:55:15 |Display all floors
since when did a bureaucrat know how to ensure quality

they don't

they only know bureaucracy
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 17:56:52 |Display all floors
Let me tell you this, a free country will produce people who are innovative, a authoritarian state will produce people who are subservient but hard working. You guys lack innovation which is essential for product development

that's why I can't stand Obama
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 17:57:30 |Display all floors

the direction America is heading is scary

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 17:59:30 |Display all floors

China will not overtake US by 2021

I'll give you 3 obvious reasons.

1) Because Chinese lack innovation. Give me one thing that Chinese innovated. US is powerhouse of innovation. Sure, there are several things that are made in China, but everything is conceptualized in US.

2) Chinese need Americans more than Americans need Chinese. Because there are several markets that produce cheap products but few that invent them. Unless you start inventing them, you are not going to exceed US.

3) Chinese GDP is export driven. 70% of GDP comes from export. If your economy exceed US, why would they import it from you, they'll manufacture it themselves or import it from another cheaply producing country. Which is why your country has pegged yuan to dollar to support your exports.

Just because you have a lot of forex reserves doesn't mean you can dominate other countries. You know reserve currency is dollar right? and 88% of your forex reserves are dollars. If US want to, they'll just print dollars, effectively driving down the value of dollar. So, in that case, you'll be in a serious trouble.

So, for number of reasons, china cannot be sole super power just yet. But it could definitely challenge US with its economic might. But, militarily you guys are atleast 50 years behind US tech.

Are those reasons enough for you?

[ Last edited by eamanis at 2010-7-4 06:25 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 18:45:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ZhangKuang at 2010-7-4 17:51
NO !!!

The Indian government does not have the same controlling power over its labor class and the Indian people in general and the Indian media in particular.

But it will prove to be the mor ...

Well, it's a democracy. In democracy, no government will have complete control over its people. It'll only have their consent over it's policy decisions. And I think that's the way it should be.

In India, at least people can migrate from rural areas to cities for livelihood on their will. Unlike china, where one has to get permit to move into cities. This is exactly the reason why you don't see poverty in china, but you do in India

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 21:32:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eamanis at 2010-7-4 18:45
Well, it's a democracy. In democracy, no government will have complete control over its people. It'll only have their consent over it's policy decisions. And I think that's the way it should  ...

Whatever you want to believe is fine because I really do not care. India will fail devastatively in 10 to 20 years. The outlook of India is poorer than many war torn African nations.

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2010-7-4 09:57 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.