Views: 9920|Replies: 21

What to do if a student does poorly on 高考? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-26 19:18:52 |Display all floors
My friends sister recently took the 高考 for the second time and did poorly.  Smart girl, poor student.  What kind of options are available that isn't "go work in a factory"?  I've discussed it a little with my friend and we've ruled out "certificate" schools as they don't really provide a good education.  Also, studying abroad seems financially impossible.  My friend does not want her sister to work in a factory.

What options are available?  We both cannot think of anything suitable.  It occurred to me that a thousand brains are better than two so here I am.  Do you know of anything?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 21:46:15 |Display all floors
What should be asked is not what the thousands brains suggest or what your friend wants, but is what this "smart girl" actually wants. What does she want? What does she want to do? What does she like? What does she want to achieve in life? However, before she answers this question, let her understand that in life there are certain limitations and restictions (such as money, or even her own capabilities in certain fields).

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-6-26 22:13:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-6-26 22:07
I genuinely believe pretty girls waste their time studying for higher certificates.

They've been given the gift of good look; make use of it.

Go look for some rich guy, and get them be ...

I agree with you Kbay:)

Perhaps I would have said it in a more polite manner as I am English.

The reason I agree, is that I love em chasing me

shhh

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 22:13:46 |Display all floors
Well, she already failed TWICE....once might be excusable, but twice?! I don`t think sending her abroad or to another school will help at all. If not in a factory, sales, waitress, and so on....but a university career....obviously not possible. Unfortunately Kbay is right....many girls would just look for a rich man or do other things to earn money with their looks. But that`s not the kind of "career" you or your friend want for her.

[ Last edited by Alex2010 at 2010-6-26 10:19 PM ]
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 22:18:37 |Display all floors
brewing is a craft, that can pay really high.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 22:20:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-6-26 22:18
brewing is a craft, that can pay really high.

what`s really a pity is that China has no system of "Ausbildungsberufe/Duales Bildungssystem".
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 22:28:25 |Display all floors
yeah,
adding schools into general job directions after middle school alternatively to high school,
would certainly already bring a bigger advantage than most stuff the guys at millitary section like to discuss.
And lots of foreign companies would be happy about it too.

No good jobs without a college degree that tells nothing,
and training on the job, only.
lot of potential for improvement at least.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.