Author: simonpan

the new version of "A Dream of Red Massion" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-26 21:47:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-26 21:43
Like? Liu Xianglian wasn`t very fond of Xue Pan`s homosexual interest in him....and he showed that^^ But may I ask you a question. If you read all those classic novels etc you for sure are aw ...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh, ...... why do you care?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 21:51:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-26 21:47

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh, ...... why do you care?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh,............why not just answer the question? Oh, yeah, sorry.....you probably come to the conclusion that because I asked this question I`m a queer. How predictable. It was you who started the homosexuality topic by mentioning Xue Pan and Liu Xianglian.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 23:12:55 |Display all floors
In the novel A Dream of the Red Chamber, Xue Pan is not homosexual. He loved woman. In a brawl, his gang beat a man to death because Xue loved his girlfriend: Xiang Ling.

Spoiled and rich, Xue got tired of Xiang Ling rather quickly. He beat her and he got another rich woman as wife. But when Xue saw Liu, he forgot all those women and he went after him. Eventually felt bothered, Liu asked Xue to meet him outside town in the woods near a stream. Xue happily went and as soon as he grabbed Liu inappropriately, Liu showed his martial art skills. In the end, Xue did not get anything he wanted but a mouthful of mud. LOL.

I enjoyed the story. Alex, you see, I did not take a stand. I merely enjoyed the story.

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2010-6-26 11:18 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 23:16:15 |Display all floors
Here is poor Xiang Ling.
Xiang_Ling.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-27 10:29:49 |Display all floors
Alex, LOL.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-27 15:30:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-27 10:29
Alex, LOL.

Bisexual.....yet many male characters in Chinese novels of that time have homo(bi)sexual relations with men. Shows that it was quite common at that time.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-27 20:10:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-27 15:30
Bisexual.....yet many male characters in Chinese novels of that time have homo(bi)sexual relations with men. Shows that it was quite common at that time.

Alex, you just need Wang Xifeng to leash you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.