Author: simonpan

the new version of "A Dream of Red Massion" [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-6-26 21:01:35 |Display all floors
Alex, the Golden Plum Vase and the Dream of Red Chamber are written in a grammar that is understandable today. The difficulty is they show a much larger vocabulary than what modern Chinese know.

LiaoZai ZhiYi is written in Chinese literature grammar that is not understandable without extensive training. This training has been considered useless and abandoned by Chinese education, rightly so.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2010-6-26 21:07:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-26 21:01
Alex, the Golden Plum Vase and the Dream of Red Chamber are written in a grammar that is understandable today. The difficulty is they show a much larger vocabulary than what modern Chinese know.
...



I know, man.....I had myself working  through fukcing Shijing, Lunyu and those boring dynasty histories.....I`m not an expert and already forgot a lot...but after some weeks I can easily come back into it. Back in the days we used Harold Shadick`s " A First Course in Literary Chinese" as a starter..........
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-6-26 21:16:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-26 21:07
I know, man.....I had myself working  through fukcing Shijing, Lunyu and those boring dynasty histories.....I`m not an expert and already forgot a lot...but after some weeks I can easily come ...


Let's talk about something ... what do you think about the character Xue Pan ?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-6-26 21:21:55 |Display all floors
The third wife of Jia Lian.
You_Erjie.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2010-6-26 21:26:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-26 21:16


Let's talk about something ... what do you think about the character Xue Pan ?


Why his character? I think characters like him you can still find in many places in China nowadays. Bad guy, a "liumang"....murdered a man and got away with it through bribery.......sexually very active.  Totally different to Baoyu who his highly intelligent and educated.

[ Last edited by Alex2010 at 2010-6-26 09:28 PM ]
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-6-26 21:32:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-26 21:26
Why his character? I think characters like him you can still find in many places in China nowadays. Bad guy, a "liumang"....murdered a man and got away with it through bribery.......s ...


LOL, do you like the section of him and Liu Xianglian?

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2010-6-26 09:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2010-6-26 21:43:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-26 21:32


LOL, do you like the section of him and Liu Xianglian?



Like? Liu Xianglian wasn`t very fond of Xue Pan`s homosexual interest in him....and he showed that^^ But may I ask you a question. If you read all those classic novels etc you for sure are aware that homosexuality, especially male homosexuality appears often. Yet, you see many Chinese especially on this board denying that....homosexuality is a Western sickness...and Chinese are not homosexual. How comes?^^  I mean every Chinese probably read hongloumeng.......
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.