Views: 3551|Replies: 3

@@US now wants Yuan raised , not just flexibility and getting more more Greedy. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-25 03:39:39 |Display all floors
(Reuters) - China's actions in coming weeks will determine whether the Congress passes legislation to pressure Beijing to raise the value of its currency, a top U.S. lawmaker said on Thursday.

"I think we need to keep that legislation on the burner. I think whether we act on it will be affected by what China does," House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee Chairman Sander Levin told reporters.

Bowing to pressure from the United States and other trading partners, China announced Saturday that it was freeing its closely managed currency from a two-year peg to the dollar.

President Barack Obama's administration welcomed the move, but many U.S. lawmakers want China to go further and raise the value of the yuan against the dollar.

They argue the yuan is still undervalued by as much as 25 percent to 40 percent, even with the recent reform.

"We'll see if China's action in this immediate period really reflects a very significant change in policy. ... We follow the yuan every day," Levin said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-30 23:20:52 |Display all floors
The USA has always wanted the yuan raised. It's always been what it said.

if China doesn't it will get tariffed sooner or later... Such is life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-2 14:03:31 |Display all floors
Well I do want many things in life:)
so don't be too hard on them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-4 10:35:18 |Display all floors
The raise of Yuan is a irreversible trend,and the most important matter is how to control its rate.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.