Author: emucentral

Scammer Passport photo [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-6-26 16:41:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-6-26 12:20

1. Scams do happen in 'real life',
Copy code

Of course they do but .....

1. The police failed to take up the case.
Copy code

...don't blame the police. How would you react if somebody shows you a forged pp with a photo of a top diplomat as evidence?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-27 11:14:41 |Display all floors
yay!
a first timer???
the photo itself is a fake.  i think all passport photos should have a solid color background
and yes, the infos...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-3 21:01:19 |Display all floors

Thanks to those who responded. Sorry I didn't check this thread earlier

In answer to some comments.

Thanks to those who pointed out the difference in the Chinese and English placenames of birth.

Also, yes, the forgery is of pathetic quality. Typefaces and formatting are atrocious.

Thanks to taikor for identifying the gentleman in the photo. I knew he wasn't the real scammer (a passport photo with bookshelves in the background ?)
I also received another scam using the exact same photo of this ambassador with a different name.

To Satsu, this was a real scam, of course the Chinese ambassador would not be part of it, but it's incredible just how stupid the scammers think we are.

The most recent scam noted here;
bbs.chinadaily . c o m . c  n/viewthread. p h p ? t id=677761&fpage=1&highlight=%2Bemucentral
looks like it might have a real associate of the scammer, as there was information included in the photo (cropped out) which was specified as required. Earlier photos requested of this scammer, ranged in age from about 15 to mid 50's. And they expected us to believe that they were the same person!

The other thread about scammers here;
bbs.chinadaily.c o m . c n  /viewthread . p h  p?  ti d  =669149&fpage=1&highlight=%2Bemucentral

Has a number of photos, but I think they just found these on the net somewhere.

In my latest scam, the scammer told me that SHE had prostate cancer, and when I mentioned the medical miracle that would entail, it magically changed to breast cancer.
Also the scammer claimed that her doctor, a MISTER Svetlana Doncova would accept payment (Svetlana is in the Dongguan region of Guangdong)
They really are dumb fukks, but the unbelievable thing is that some people fall for their tall tales!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-4 19:35:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-9-4 17:01
They really are dumb fukks, I concur, Emu - Svetlana is a very common Russian FEMALE first name, and I rather doubt she would opt for the honorific 'MISTER'.

Yep and the female "ova" ending of the family name too. So I think it's a genuine name (with a bank account at the China Construction bank)

Since the scammer was informed of the gender issue with Svetlana, the scammer has stopped replying to emails.

Either realises that he/she has been rumbled or is frantically making up some explanation.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.