Author: Wahahaha

Is French Really Useless? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-24 22:54:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2010-6-24 21:54

I work, here in China , for chinese wine company, you know it's a BIG business, but their problem now is that their english is a problem for them when they want to find new good wine in rural ...

Its not an issue of egocentricity, its a matter of pragmatics. You speak, (or try to speak) the languages of the nations you have the most interaction with, do the most business with, trade with - even visit on holiday etc...   And right now thats not generally small African former French colonies. Then again I understand the Chinese are doing a lot of business in africa these days. So maybe it makes sense for the Chinese to be using French.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 05:45:07 |Display all floors
wow that's great and cool.
<a href="http://greatlawgroup.com"rel="dofollow">Great Law Group</a>
Steve

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 19:04:34 |Display all floors
100% agree
Not only useless but also ugly.

for the Chinese who just open their eyes to the world.

the whole Idea of paris is the city of romance french are romatic and all that ---- .. it was kinda post WWII marketing strategy to get as much US-citizens to travel to europe and spend money to help Europe economy. the same was also for othe countries like italy and the UK

but really go to paris ... i ----ign see nothing pretty there ugly streets, rude people and the ugliest tower ever built by mankind!!

and i'm so happy they left eh world cup

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 19:08:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-6-25 16:45

I have to slightly disagree with you.

French is still the lingua franca in Africa; ever heard of the CFA Space? If a Moroccan wants to  leather hides or Moroccan wine to a Gabonese mercha ...

Hahaha.. That is why countries like chad and mali are shifting over from french to english. only morroco still the only country who give french more space in their daily life although Arabic is the official and every day spoken language.. but we all know how cheap the morrocans are

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.