the scenery here is truly breath-taking,
and the air is sooooo fresh.
changhai_jiuzhaigou.jpg
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-6-25 08:59:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2010-6-24 16:01

Yes, I like Yunnan, good place for retirement.
Just look at pic below, isn't it beautiful?
It looks a bit like Swiss alps, doesn't it?
It would be nice to live here.

It looks a bit unreal, in particular if you compare both shores of the same lake. Btw, this view of Yulong Xueshan is unknown to me.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-6-25 09:02:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2010-6-24 17:21
Jiuzhaigou,
the scenery here is truly breath-taking,
and the air is sooooo fresh.

Jiuzhaigou is a protected area and neither along 'Long Lake' (image) nor in any other place land is sold for building residences. The only people who are permitted to stay there are the native T.   b's  who live there since generations. Btw, this lake is at an altitude of >3,000m. Not really a place for retirees.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 13:39:14 |Display all floors
1000 in hangzhou?comfortable life? it must be kidding!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 13:41:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-6-25 08:59

It looks a bit unreal, in particular if you compare both shores of the same lake. Btw, this view of Yulong Xueshan is unknown to me.

You mean my pic is a photo-shopped one??
Grrrrrrrrrr..

I don't post unreal pic !!
It's all real ! I see nothing unusual about the shore line,
just some browned out water plants not fully recovered from winter cold.
Bear in mind it's still early spring, with all those beautiful wild flowers blooming.
But some plants by the shore line of the lake still slumbering from winter cold.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 13:47:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-6-25 09:02

Jiuzhaigou is a protected area and neither along 'Long Lake' (image) nor in any other place land is sold for building residences. The only people who are permitted to stay there are the nativ ...

Yeah, I know that,
but perhaps when there's approval of retirement residences in China,
then there might be possible construction of residences close by to these scenic places.
If I'm not wrong, Jiuzhaigou is quite a large area,
and with varying elevations, some rest in high lofty places, some less so,
and confortable for living.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 13:52:33 |Display all floors

Jiuzhaigou Valley

Jiuzhaigou National Park (simplified Chinese: 九寨沟; traditional Chinese: 九寨溝; pinyin: Jiǔzhàigōu; lit. "Valley of Nine Villages"; Tibetan: Zitsa Degu (gzi rtsa sde dgu)) is a nature reserve in the north of Sichuan, a province in south western China. It is known for its many multi-level waterfalls and colorful lakes, and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1992. It belongs to the category V (Protected Landscape) in the IUCN system of protected area categorization.
Geography and climate
Known in English as Jiuzhai Valley it lies at the southern end of the Minshan mountain range, 330 km north of the provincial capital of Chengdu. It is part of the Jiuzhaigou County (formerly Nanping County) in the Aba Tibetan Qiang Autonomous Prefecture of northwestern Sichuan province, near the Gansu border.

The valley covers 720 km², with buffer zones covering an additional 600 km². Its elevation, depending on the area considered, ranges from 1,998 to 2,140 m (at the mouth of Shuzheng Gully) to 4,558 - 4,764 m (on Mount Ganzigonggai at the top of Zechawa Gully).

The climate is cool temperate with a mean annual temperature of 7.2 °C, with means of -1 °C in January and 17 °C in July. Total annual rainfall is 661 mm, 80% of which occurs between May and October.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiuzhaigou_Valley

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.