Author: expatter

For New Laowai - Using a Public Toilet in China [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-6-21 21:30:16 |Display all floors

You can buy.........

A collapsible toilet seat stool.

(No - A stool you sit on !    )

But you kinda look a pratt walking around with it under your arm.............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-21 21:39:11 |Display all floors
expatter,

I remember the nightmare during my elementary school. At that time, the bathroom at school was a standalone barn with an array of squad holes. If you looked down the gap between the squared concretes, you saw poops perhaps decades old down there. You would also see others shoot pee and sht next to you. Hear their farts and smell ... and all that poo covered surface. I once got dizzy and dropped my gloves down there in a winter. The kid a few holes next to me laughed as if he would push me down there next.  

I grew up disgusted and wonder why other boys did not seem to care. Then, in grade 3, the school built a new building. It was very clean and modern, but no toilet paper. Middle school was even better.

But I went to a historical good boarding high school. It was a disaster again. The entire dorm smelt like pee. The school was filled with good students from all over China, including the countryside. Although good at study, many of them are plain criminals and engaged in wild UFC style brutal fights now and then, especially those from the Tbtn minorities. I did suffer tremendously. So, this is not your feeling alone. Believe me, many Chinese feel the same way. It is the large number of Chinese from countryside that make the battle persistent. For example, if you placed toilet paper in a Chinese bathroom, the Chinese farmers would take it home until their house were filled with toilet paper.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-21 21:39:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-6-21 21:30
A collapsible toilet seat stool.

(No - A stool you sit on !    )

But you kinda look a pratt walking around with it under your arm.............   

got a propper toilet at home, thanksfully.
and I'm definetly not going to walk around with auch a stool for the few situations of need for a public toilet.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-6-21 21:41:35 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-21 21:44:05 |Display all floors

timbatu

As a kid I remember a camping field with plastic dustbins with toilet seats on them.

I think they were emptied once a week.

It was that dirty in there................

Even the rats were wearing overalls !

And there was a pig in the corner as an air freshener .................        

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-21 21:46:23 |Display all floors

why 101 is necessary for most gweilos...

a prerequisite in ev'rythin for laowais before it hits the major requirements  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-21 21:46:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-6-21 21:28

Try to imagine the situation of a foreign student,
just relocated from adjusted building in an old campus,
to a new ridiculously remote campus,
realising that the very buildings that were de ...

Schools with only local kids from big cities are much better in general.

On the other hand, I do support squatting toilet. The sitting types have more germs on the surface. My Chinese countryside friends sometimes squad on the sitting toilet in Europe; they feel the sitting type is dirty, ironically.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.